Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Lifestyle not removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure what sparked it though I have a suspicion it happened because I was playing another household member off the household lot when it happened.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my sims had a lifestyle at risk of being removed, the game tried to remove it when this sim was at home and i was playing a different household member on a community lot, it bugged and it caused the lifestyle to be stuck. It cannot be removed and no more lifestyles can be added. You can make them appear but they have no effect on the sim, its like lifestyles are disabled for her completely.
What do you expect to see? Lifestyles working right.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after installing Snowy Escape

After the game failed to remove the lifestyle on my sim its gotten completely stuck and lifestyles no longer function for her as i cannot remove the bugged one. Ive tried with all kinds of cheats, applying different lifestyles and nothing. The game doesnt think she still has the stuck lifestyle as it doesnt appear in her hidden traits but it does appear in the lifestyles panel and thats where its stuck and no matter what i add the full lifestyles panel stays the same even if the small panel shows different lifestyles. Im going to assume this goes hand in hand with lifestyles being buggy in general and not being possible to fully remove on your own but its not been this bad for any of my other sims. I would just like to be able to actually use this feature.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 31 (8,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing more

Hero

Drinking the Lifestyle-Go-Poof Potion now actually removes Lifestyles. Go forth and discover your new you!

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61 If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 31 (3,076 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lifestyle bugged, cannot remove or gain more lifestyles

Hero
@skyemuu Did you get any lastExceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (7,995 Views)

★ Guide

I regularly clear my last exceptions after reading them but since putting mc command center back in it registers as a script error instead. It just says the game is unable to remove the energetic lifestyle

Message 3 of 31 (7,981 Views)

Hero
@skyemuu Do you have a mccc log file for the script error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (7,967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

These screenshots are all from the same sim, I had the glitch where I got more than three lifestyles as well. I tried to use cheats to remove them, but all that happened was that their icons were removed from the Simology panel. The lifestyles remain active and continue to grant unwanted moodlets.

Message 5 of 31 (7,889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i also have mccc, and every time the household is loaded, a script error is logged. my log is attached.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 31 (7,884 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, this log file is blank, but if it's the script error I think it is, then it confirms my suspicions about what the error "looks like" in game outside of the Log Error / Last Exception.

Message 7 of 31 (7,843 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

apologies for the blank file, i should have checked beforehand lol. this one shouldn't be blank, this error is logged every time i load up my glitched lifestyle household. to be completely honest, i'm not sure if this is the stuck lifestyle glitch at all, or something entirely different, since even using debug cheats the lifestyles remain active.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 8 of 31 (7,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have turned Lifestyles off and on again. Upon reloading the household, the glitched lifestyles were back. I officially have no clue what's going on, but I guess lifestyles will stay off for the time being...

[Merged by CM]

I would attach my save but I can't figure out how to XD

Message 9 of 31 (7,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same problem, it's since the last patch. My sim got a lifestyle at risk but it's never removing. Whenever the game would usually do so, a last exception poppes up. I can't even cheat the lifestyle away. It just stays stuck.

Message 10 of 31 (7,659 Views)