Re: [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: negative moodlet for being inside while being outs

by NumaariTeknar

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while outside

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? sim gets bored moodlet from lifestyle outdoorsy for being inside while being outside
What do you expect to see? sims dont get negative/bored moddled when being outside from being outdoorsy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sim gets bored moodlet from lifestyle outdoorsy for being inside while being outside

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit 

Message 1 of 20 (6,861 Views)

Re: [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: negative moodlet for being inside while being outs

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I assume it’s from not doing activities that are specifically designated as “outdoorsy” (like fishing.) It’s still very annoying. I’m playing a sim that doesn’t even have a house, but he gets this moodlet while building a sandcastle on the beach. While camping on the beach. He sleeps on a towel, showers in the rain, and relieves himself in the ocean. Yet, he’s bored from being “inside”? What?

Message 2 of 20 (6,657 Views)

★★ Novice

It's very annoying to me that reading/flower arranging and other activities are considered indoors when the sim is outdoors doing these things. I have a farmer sim who loves to read. She has the indoorsy trait even though she reads under a tree.  It's also frustrating that an open-air porch is considered indoors.

It seems a minor thing, but it's almost ruined the game for me.

Message 3 of 20 (6,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

I even let my sim sit on a bench away from my home lot and read his book there. Still gives him the bored moodlet. 

Message 4 of 20 (6,513 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m having the exact same issue. My sim was constantly outdoors - gardening, making flower arrangements and so on. However, she would still get negative moodlets for "spending too much time indoors" and the Outdoorsy lifestyle eventually faded away. 

There’s an explanation to this: in order to maintain the Outdoorsy lifestyle, sims have to engage in outdoor activities - campfire, basketball and etc. Just being outdoors does nothing (this was figured out by modders, not me). I wonder if it’s intentional or not.

Message 5 of 20 (6,489 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while being outsid

★★★★ Novice

There's a good explanation of why this happens and a fix mod for this here, if that helps: https://www.patreon.com/posts/45576247 Still something EA should tidy up themselves, but that could take a while! 

Message 6 of 20 (6,451 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Outdoorsy: moodlet for being inside while being outsid

★★★★ Apprentice

One of my sims is a loner sim who likes to write.  When Country Living came out, I moved her to Henford to a small cottage to give her a more simple life.  She developed the outdoor trait, which caused her to become bored while writing (I forgot to try to give her the likes of writing to try to offset earlier).  I even got her a laptop so that she could write outside.  So I had her go to a lifestyle coach to remove the outdoor, but because I also have her caring for chickens, it keeps coming back.  The opposite extreme is many of my sims who live in colder worlds are all indoors by the end of winter or have at least lost the outdoorsy trait I worked hard to give them.

I honestly feel like some lifestyles are way too easy to get and others are too hard, or they didn't think it through carefully.  Most of my teen sims are single and loving it by the time they are adults, and I usually don't pair them off until they are YA, I play rotational, and most of the teens are now related to each other as either first or second cousins, so it is easier for me to find them love when they have access to a larger dating pool.  The only exception I make is if they are romantic sims and not even all of them.  Just because you are single doesn't mean you love being single and wouldn't be equally happy in a relationship.  Yet none of my sims, not even the ones who are romantic and have completed one of the two love aspirations, have managed to come even close to unlocking the hungry for love trait.

Similarly, most of my sims have the trait likes to have a lot of friends because it is just too easy to gets, but it is really hard to get and maintain the close-knit one.

I just honestly feel like many lifestyles that have an "opposite" lifestyle have one side that is too easy to get and the other side that is too hard to maintain.  It needs more balance.

Message 7 of 20 (5,902 Views)

★ Pro

I think the Outdoorsy Lifestyle needs to be tweaked. The description implies that doing activities outside rather than indoors is enough, but really your Sim needs to do activities that can ONLY be done outside. However, there are some "only" outdoor activity objects that don't seem to work (E.G. the bird feeder can only be placed outside, but Sims get bored looking at it) and some objects that can go in or outdoors that do work. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.25.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.37.03 PM.jpg

Message 8 of 20 (5,892 Views)

[SE] Outdoorsy sim feeling 'Trapped inside' from Manual Laborer career

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs but DHD, all stuff packs and one kit, Oasis something kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the ourdoorsy lifestyle and be employed with the Manual labour career. My sim was at Backhoe operator level (lvl 3). Go to work and observe the buffs while working.
What happens when the bug occurs? While at work,the sim will get a "Trapped inside" moodlet despite that the career clearly is supposed to be outdoorsy with related skills being gardening and the job description mentioning activities like lawn mowing.
What do you expect to see? Outdoorsy sims to not get "Trapped inside" buffs from an outdoorsy career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cannot tell if the buffs appear already at starting level of this career since the sim only gained the outdoorsy lifestyle when they were already at level 3. I've seen people report getting this buff for other activities that are performed outdoors too so probably this lifestyle needs to be checked anyway.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 9 of 20 (4,235 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 20 (5,498 Views)