[OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Moodlets Appearing after removing lifestyle

by onlykenneth

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Moodlets Appearing after removing lifestyle

★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still happening after the patch on January 21. My sim got the Close Knit lifestyle by mistake, and it can't be removed. I've tried just cheating and clicking on my sim to remove the lifestyle, but it won't go away. When I go to remove it again, I can't because it says she doesn't have it anymore. But when I open her lifestyles panel, it says she still has it, and she still gets tense moodlets for the Close Knit lifestyle. Both lifestyle coaching and the potion to remove a lifestyle do the same thing and won't remove the lifestyle from the lifestyles panel. It doesn't even remove it when I use "testingcheats true" then add and remove the trait with "traits.equip_trait...." and "traits.remove_trait....". I tried all the suggested fixes today, and none of them work. I've stopped playing any gameplay because of this. I was really hoping the January patch would have fixed a lot more bugs than it did. 

Message 31 of 49 (1,621 Views)

Re: Close-Knit Lifestyle Tense Moodlet Remains After Lifestyle Counselling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SnarkyWitchIt’s been an issue ever since lifetysles were introduced and instead of fixing the issues they release new packs upon new new packs to make more money. I agree it’s completely broken, I’ve turned off lifestyles and my Sims still get moodlets linked to lifestyles: they had when I deactivated it, never had or previously had. Can safely say they never tested this feature.

Message 32 of 49 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have disabled lifestyles and my sims are still getting stressed from the workaholics trait, and I also have dialogue options to talk about single and loving it lifestyle and people person etc.

Message 33 of 49 (1,507 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I downloaded a mod by the Twelfth Doctor (I'm not allowed to directly link mods, but I searched for "snowy escape" at the modthesims site) and a mod by Sims4me (Bienchen's mods) that fix the issue, in that I'm able to cheat lifestyles off my Sims properly.  Without the mod, using lifestyle-go-poof removes the lifestyle from the Simology panel, but it's still there if you click through to the lifestyle panel.  I'm pretty sure that it was the Bienchen's mod that did it for me, but I installed them closely enough together that... yeah.

They're still able to gain and lose lifestlyes with lifestyles turned off as well.  If I turn off lifestyles and restart my game I can still see the buff "buff_Lifesthyles_CanUnlockLifestyles" on my Sims in MC Command Center's Remove Buff panel.  Games where I have lifestyles disabled before I play don't give me notifications about lifestyles being gained or at risk.  I haven't checked to see if they have the buff or not.

This is, IMHO, also why some Sims have more than 3 lifestyles;  I think the check is on the Simology panel and not the clicked-through Lifestyle panel (er, you know, where that data is stored, you know). 

Console players and people who eschew mods (I used to be one of you):  I'm sorry this doesn't help you. Frown

Hopefully this helps other players AND helps EA figure out what's up!

Message 34 of 49 (1,495 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately those mods didn’t let me remove the one lifestyle that has been the most difficult to remove. It did let me remove another lifestyle from my sim, so that’s helpful! But that close knit lifestyle on my sim is still there and cannot be removed, even with both mods installed. It would really suck if my favourite sim is just forever broken now....

Message 35 of 49 (1,474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is also happening for me. My sim has four lifestyles and removed two of them with the drink. However after a while the tense moodlet comes back again. The lifestyle is not listed in his profile but in the lifestyle window it is shown as "active". The equip and remove cheats can remove the moodlet for a while, but after a while the moodlet comes back again.

Message 36 of 49 (1,464 Views)

Lifestyle, Tense Mood will not go away

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have a lot of Packs and stuff packs installed, but it is too many to list. Instead I can say I don't have a few of the stuff packs (laundry) and I don't have the new kits or dust stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play until you get a life style then turn off life styles and you will find that the assigned lifestyle, then go against the lifestyle to cause your sim to go tense. Then attempt a cleanse, it will remove the lifestyle, but not the discomfort, then turn off lifestyle, you will still be tense, finally restart the game and usually that get's rid of it, but sometimes it doesn't and even with lifestyle off you will still have the lifestyle. It will not go away and will not show as something you have. You can still become tense. (by you I mean the sim)
What happens when the bug occurs? lifestyles. Sim's become tense and can not be removed and does not go away on it's own.
What do you expect to see? Fix the lifestyles so that when you turn it off, the moodlets for it, go with it. or repair it so that we do not have the modulate without a timer, ie 4 hrs ext.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. lifestyle update

I did not take any screenshots. I'm sorry. 

Message 37 of 49 (1,331 Views)

lifestyle glitch! Sims always tense!

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them apart from batu, spooky stuff, vampires and cleaning and 90s kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gameplay, I have seen a lot of streamers experience this too
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims get a certain lifestyle and you get rid of it with potion or coaching, the lifestyle moodlets still stay there. My sim was a workaholic and I got rid of it ages ago but she still feels tense all the time from it
What do you expect to see? Moodlets to match the lifestyle
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When sims get a certain lifestyle and you get rid of it with a potion or coaching, the lifestyle moodlets still stay there. My sim was a workaholic and I got rid of it ages ago but she still feels tense all the time from it

Message 38 of 49 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same issue but with the "Single and Lovin it", "people person", and "Workaholic" lifestyles.. I had all three removed through a cleanse yet get negative tense moodlets still from all 3. The simology panel shows there are no lifestyles attached to the sim though.. I guess i'm gonna just save up for the reward store "carefree" trait, but i'm definitely hoping this gets fixed soon.

Message 39 of 49 (1,122 Views)

Lifestyle moodlets effect Sims even after they’ve been removed

★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP10.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lifestyle has been removed but Sim still gets the moodlet
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets tense from not being at work even though I’ve removed the Lifestyle
What do you expect to see? Once the Lifestyle has been removed, the Sim should no longer be effected by it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since Lifestyles introduction to the game

My Sims get Work-a-holic just because they go to work on a daily basis. This should NOT be the case. Every Sim also gets the People Person Lifestyle as well even just from communicating with their family members. I remove these Lifestyles as soon as they start to become a problem or immediately when they gain it multiple times because the Sims get TENSE all the time and once I remove the “trait” they still linger and the Sim become a complete nightmare and difficult to do anything with.

I can’t use the two options to remove Lifestyles because “they don’t have any Lifestyle to remove” when attempting.

Message 40 of 49 (1,127 Views)