[OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Moodlets Appearing after removing lifestyle

by onlykenneth

Original Post

Re: SIM always tense from panicky work withdrawals despite not being the workaho

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, will do. Thanks for your help.
Message 11 of 49 (7,140 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Moodlets Appearing after removing lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My daughter plays on PC and is having this issue as well. Her Sim has had the Energetic, Outdoorsy, Frequent Traveler, Adrenaline Seeker, and Close Knit lifestyle. Her Sim is constantly still getting moodlets for all of them except for the Close Knit Lifestyle. When she goes into Cheats to remove the lifestyles, they are already removed, yet the moodlets keep coming and causing her Sim to be stressed and tense non-stop. She tried to have her Sim drink the potion but it indicates there are no active lifestyles so that doesn’t work to fix the issue. Another Sim in the very same household has the same lifestyles which are all active, yet he never gets the negative moodlets. 

Message 12 of 49 (7,001 Views)

Re: [SE] Removed Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

★★★★ Guide
@skyemuu I'm fairly certain I'm having a similar issue, my two sims had the "close-knit" lifestyle because they were new parents where the wife worked (had no co-workers in her job so she didn't have many friends (the game didn't generate any NPC's to be her co-workers, so possibly another bug?)) and the husband was a stay-at-home-dad until their daughter aged up (which is when he got a job and started meeting people). Now since then I've created a few NPC's to become co-workers for the wife so she has lost her close-knit lifestyle, she had a "stressed out" moodlet for a while, but it vanished once her lifestyle changed. The husband has also lost the "close-knit" lifestyle, but he seems to have the "stressed out/losing balance" debuff perma-stuck to him. I thought he was still "loosing" his lifestyle so I brought the "life-style remover" potion from the rewards store, only to discover he actually no longer has the "close-knit" lifestyle, but he still has the "tense" moodlet, that refuses to go away. The stuck moodlet is really starting to irk me because I hate that he's now perma-tense and in a foul mood all of the time. I hope this can be fixed.
Message 13 of 49 (6,983 Views)

Re: [SE] Removed Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

Hero
@halloweenchild13 I moved your post over to the stuck moodlet after removing lifestyle thread.

Sounds more like your issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 49 (6,975 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue on the PC. Can't get rid of Workaholic lifestyle no matter how much I try.

I first used the reward store thing, it disappeared from the sim info panel but remained as active in the lifestyle window and I was still getting negative moodlets.

Then tried a 'solution' I'd read in another thread to use cheats to re-add the lifestyle and then cheat to remove it but I get the same results with that where it's gone from sim info panel but still marked active in the lifestyle window and still getting negative moodlets. 

Third time I tried cheating to add it back in and then used the lifestyle coaching to try and remove it and it still just wont go away.

The weird thing is that I was able to successfully remove Close-Knit via lifestyle coaching on this sim a week or so ago.

Message 15 of 49 (6,925 Views)

Too Tense to Function Due to Lifestyle Glitch!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

EDIT: I was able to get rid of the moodlets by turning lifestyles off and turning my game on and off. Still, I hope this gets fixed because I'm about to turn them back on and give her the (proper) lifestyles she had before...

I'm SO frustrated right now, my Sim is "very tense" and NOTHING is fixing it. NOTHING. She currently has two tense moodlets- one from healthy eating lifestyle, one from workaholic. I can deal with the healthy eating... but she's NOT a workaholic! She randomly got the lifestyle (I didn't think they could get more then three, but she still got it) and I REMOVED it. So why the heck is she still acting like a workaholic? How do I ACTUALLY remove a lifestyle if not be using the cheat? WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT OF THE CHEAT, THEN? (the one where you right click and "edit Sim info" or whatever) Is there an actual cheat to fix this? She can't even tend to her garden right now because she's too tense.

I tried turning lifestyles off, saving and exiting to manage worlds, and coming back- didn't work, still tense. I turned lifestyles back on (this is way too much effort to fix a glitch that shouldn't have happened to begin with) and added the workaholic trait, sent her to work in off hours (thanks for making me waste Winterfest, glitch), and it STILL. DIDN'T. FIX IT.

Sorry, I'm just infuriated right now because this glitch is ridiculous. I don't want to turn off lifestyles, I like the idea, but if they're going to cause drama like this how am I supposed to use them?

Message 16 of 49 (6,933 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I had the same bug - Close Knit lifestyle was no longer active, but the moodlet got stuck forever. I fixed it as follows:

1. Add the lifestyle with cheats:

CTRL+SHIFT+C

testingcheats true

traits.equip_trait Trait_Lifestyles_CloseKnit

The moodlet disappeared.

2. Remove the lifestyle:

traits.remove_trait Trait_Lifestyles_CloseKnit

3. Reload the game.

After that, I have no lifestyle and no moodlet Standard smile

Message 17 of 49 (6,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I used the game settings to turn off lifestyles completely, and yet the moodlets are still happening. Turning the game off and back on again didn't help, nor did playing as another household and coming back work.

Edit: I'm even still getting game notifications about developing new lifestyles! This is awful. I hoped turning it off in settings would at least stop them from gaining more.

I don't really believe that any of the fixes in this thread work, I think that they just temporarily make moodlets go away/reset the lifestyle, but the lifestyle is just stuck on forever.

Edit 2: I think that perhaps turning off lifestyles in settings DOES work, but the game needs to run for a while to clear out all the old processes that were running. I've seen lifestyle moodlets less and less and now I haven't seen them at all this play session. I wonder if this process would have been faster if I had thought to delete the localthumbcache after I turned it off. But as long as I don't see the moodlets coming back, I'm happy.

Message 18 of 49 (6,730 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another option is to use MC Command Center - it allows you to clear any moodlet without restarting the game. Works for me in the case of stuck "Workaholic stress". 

Message 19 of 49 (6,707 Views)

★ Guide
I'm also experiencing this issue, but I have more information to add about it.

The game keeps assigning way too many lifestyles to my Sims and it messes up the UI in the Lifestyles panel.

When I remove the excess lifestyles via the in-game lifestyle coaching or cheats, my Sim continues to receive moodlets related to that Lifestyle even though the game says it's been removed. I also receive notifications that the lifestyle is in danger or being built, etc, even after it's been removed. The only time I ever managed to successfully remove a lifestyle properly was when the game informed me they lost the lifestyle... days after I removed it myself. It's like the game doesn't recognise the lifestyle has been removed at all when you try to get rid of them yourself.

I've tried removing the moodlets with MCCC but they come back every time my Sim travels to another lot. I've even gone so far as to disable Lifestyles entirely across my entire save. My Sim STILL receives Lifestyle moodlets and every time I load onto a lot, I get a script error. I've taken a look at the script errors generated and it's the Lifestyles causing them.

I use very few mods and they're all completely up-to-date, plus the script errors lead me to believe this is a Maxis issue.
Message 20 of 49 (6,451 Views)