Re: [SE] Removed Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

by Pandorita

Original Post

Re: Lifestyle moodlets effect Sims even after they’ve been removed

★★★★ Pro

Yes, that's a known bug. In my game, I bought the never tense reward trait as a workaround and it seems to work. Sometimes (not always) the remove-negative-moodlets reward potion also works temporarily.

The tense workaholic moodlets also disappear when your Sim gets promoted.

Message 41 of 49 (865 Views)

Re: Lifestyle moodlets effect Sims even after they’ve been removed

★ Guide

I thought of doing that (never tense potion) but I don’t want them to NEVER get tense. These Sims are graduates so already at the top of their careers+. I’ve had it expire on its own a couple of times but the Sims are so difficult and for like 1-2 (Sim) weeks. But alas, it returns once they start building some relationships/going to work. Hope it doesn’t come back past retirement but if that’s the case, I’ll have to buy it. 😞

Message 42 of 49 (843 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Lifestyle Moodlets Appearing after removing lifestyle

★★★★ Apprentice

My sims are still getting lifestyle-related moodlets long after I’ve turned Lifestyles off in the game settings (and reloaded the game many times) and even after removing the individual lifestyles via testingcheats. This is so frustrating. I don’t know of any way to remove moodlets other than a UI cheats mod which I’m not interested in adding to my game. The moodlets do go away if I have them do things in the game that would naturally deplete them (exercising removes the “activity withdrawal” moodlet, for example) but as I keep playing, the moodlets keep returning. 

Message 43 of 49 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@onlykenneth Same I have 4 lifestyles now, the health food nut is the worst though. My sim eats a piece of cake once and suddenly I get a tense moodlet level 5, I tried the potion to get rid of it but its still here. My sim has eaten at least 30 garden salads in 1 sim day! She STILL has this moodlet.
Message 44 of 49 (727 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play on Xbox and this happens to me too. Whenever I remove a Lifestyle from a Sim, the moodlets still come back. Like once I removed the Frequent Traveler lifestyle from a Sim while the bored moodlet was active and it went away but later on it came back. 

I also removed the Junk Food Fiend lifestyle from a Sim I gave it to with cheats and they still get "cravings" (even though it's been about a month since I removed it).

Message 45 of 49 (717 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have the same issue. First of all, my sim had 5 lifestyles at once! I thought you were only meant to have 3.
That doesn't bother me though. What annoys me is that I took the potion to remove one of them, and it looks like it's gone from the panel, but my sim keeps getting the bored moddlet from not travelling.

Message 46 of 49 (687 Views)

Re: [SE] Removed Lifestyle not fully removed, blocking from gaining/removing mor

★ Guide

Hey EA, how about each time you add something annoying to the game, you also add an opt out in the game settings so this garbage doesn't keep bothering your paying customers by the masses!!!! I don't need my sims having issues with obsurd moodlet affects that bug out. Quirks just suck! So does NAP! I don't even like the get famous quirks.

Message 47 of 49 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got rid of mine with a bubble bath after trying everything else lol 

Message 48 of 49 (605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! This helped me get rid of this problem!

Message 49 of 49 (539 Views)