by Psychotps

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Large Bills on Mt. Komorobi lots due to high power usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? All lots on Mt. Komorebi have a very large latent power draw. It more than doubles the bills each week.
What do you expect to see? On a fully bulldozed lot, latent power draw should be 0.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.68.154.1020/Snowy Escape.

Only occurs on Mt. Komorebi. Latent power draw is as follows:

5-1-1 Kiyomatsu -36.37
5-1-2 Kiyomatsu -36.37
Kiyomatsu Point -36.37
Izakaya Ippai -72.74
Hanamigawa Koen -72.74
6-4-1 Hanamigawa -72.74
5-6-1 Shinrinyoku -72.74
5-3-1 Shinrinyoku -72.74
2-4-1 Wakabamori -36.37
2-4-2 Wakabamori -36.37
2-4-3 Wakabamori -36.37
2-5-1 Wakabamori -36.37
Hazakura Lounge -36.37

These numbers are on fully bulldozed lots with absolutely nothing on the lot except for a mailbox. It causes a large bill for every lot.

Also makes it impossible to use an off-the-grid lot on that town.

Tested on a new game, no mods, cleared cache.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to make it easier to find thread for search terms

Message 1 of 16 (3,910 Views)

Power usage on empty Lot

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game and move sim into 2-4-1 Wakabamori lot. Open bills info screen on mailbox.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot power usage is -36.37 on an empty lot.
What do you expect to see? 0 power usage on an empty lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Have seen this bug before in the past on other lots but a new save fixes it. That did not work here. Even tried repairing the game. A friend shows the same thing on her end.

Saw a post similar issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Power-Usage-in-Sims-4-Bill-Information-too-high/td-p/9232274 but it was never addressed as far as I can see.

As far as I can see it is just bug that would be easy to fix. Just need to set default power usage of the lot to 0. I am not sure if there are other lots that have this issue. But it is very annoying when trying to make a lot where you can live cheap and have to pay for the electric bill of the neighborhood. 

Message 2 of 16 (3,867 Views)

Re: Power usage on empty Lot

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Nimstar1 Merging this with other report for Mt. Komorobi

There have been many power usage issues reported with Eco at the time and that thread was just one of them. Didn't merge at the time but EA should be aware of all of them.

Will keep this as new issue for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (3,843 Views)

Massive Power consumption, even with a bulldozed lot

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, get to work, city living, eco lifestyle, university, cats and dogs, seasons. All game packs except Outdoor retreat. Tiny living, bowling, children's room stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Literally just start the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Massive power bills for no reason.
What do you expect to see? Not paying $700 power bills in a starter home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Snowy escape last night.

All my power bills are ridiculously high. Initially I thought it might have been one of the new items but even after removing all power consumption I still had -95 change per day in power in the starter home in Senbamachi. Even after bulldozing the whole thing, still the same power consumption. Moving house changed how much overconsumption there was but still way too much. I loaded up an earlier save file and found that power bill boosted as well. This is completely unplayable.

Message 4 of 16 (3,831 Views)

Re: Massive Power consumption, even with a bulldozed lot

★★ Novice

Some preliminary testing has revealed some wonky interactions with temperature and and the power consumption value on objects. Fridges appear to be a massive power consumer (the komorebi fridge is -19.50) but interestingly the higher quality the fridge the lower the power consumption cost (the $10000 schnapps fridge is only -10). Every powered light source seems to be 1-1.5. With the thermostat item, turning the heat up OR down caused the same -10 increase in power consumption.

Message 5 of 16 (3,803 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Large Bills on Mt. Komorobi lots due to high power usage

★★★★ Expert

FYI... I created a mod that will compensate for the constant power drain.

Just google "MTS gettp" and it'll be at the top.

Message 6 of 16 (3,774 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps You're a lifesaver bud
Message 7 of 16 (3,760 Views)

Re: Massive Power consumption, even with a bulldozed lot

★★★★ Expert
@Herculeswill22 You're right. Even with my mod compensating for the latent power drain, the individual devices are enormously higher in power draw. I had 8 solar panels and 4 wind turbines on a normal lot and it still showed negative.

Komorebi's power is HORRIBLY unbalanced.
Message 8 of 16 (3,738 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, clean save, repaired game, cleared cache.  I moved into 6-4-1 Hanamigawa and I have that exact same power drain.  I tested one of the other lots that was precleared and it has a drain without building anything at all too.  

Message 9 of 16 (3,630 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Large Bills on Mt. Komorobi lots due to high power usage

★★ Novice

June 2021 and the bug still exists with recent updates and new content.

Message 10 of 16 (2,979 Views)