Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Bug Gives Constant Bored Mood

by xsophhxo

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Bug Gives Constant Bored Moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the frequent traveler lifestyle
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get a constant bored moodlet saying extreme travel withdrawal and become at risk of losing their traveler lifestyle.
What do you expect to see? My sims with the frequent traveler lifestyle to be at their home lot without getting a constant barrage of bored moodlets and eventually losing their lifestyle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So my sim has the frequent traveler lifestyle and he is active in terms of leaving his home lot. For most days he will visit other towns and most weekends he will take a proper vacation. Despite this, he always gets a bored moodlet saying he is having a withdrawal as he has not traveled for a long time. This happens as soon as I return him to the home lot. He'll still have appropriate moodlets such as post-vacation groove but even then he will retain the bored moodlet. He will then be at risk of losing his lifestyle despite me doing everything to maintain it. He travels more than I personally have in my lifetime and still, he's at risk. This puts a damper on the gameplay as I have other family members that need attention, other lifestyles to maintain, and of course, sims has to work so I can't have him traveling at all times. He should be able to enjoy being at his home lot without having a powerful boredom moodlet that overrides his other positive ones. 

My expectation is that this bug is resolved so that sims can enjoy this lifestyle without having to abandon their home lot for good. I tested this with mods, without mods, and with few different saves and it happens in each one. It makes the lifestyle unplayable unless I keep cheating to have it back after losing it. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,881 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Bug Gives Constant Bored Mood

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever fix the bug? I’m having the same problem Devil

Message 2 of 12 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xsophhxo I haven't managed to fix this bug yet and I am still struggling with it. Lifestyles in general seem to be very buggy or have strange parameters to keep them.
Message 3 of 12 (2,486 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem.  Use the drink to remove the lifestyle but it still says "Active" and my sims are bored out of their minds.  It's been weeks, they won't stop being bored over it.

Message 4 of 12 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ended up just using a cheat to remove the lifestyle and everytime he gets it I remove it again, I hope they fix lifestyles because it’s a pretty cool feature

Message 5 of 12 (2,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem.  I go on vacations for 2-4 days at a time, visit other non-residential lots every couple of days. Still always bored. I had to cheat to get it to even activate and now it still doesn't seem to recognize it.  I get the happy vacation moodlet, but also bored. I can get it to go away when I'm away from home but it reappears as soon as I go home.  And now I'm about to lose the lifestyle. 

Message 6 of 12 (2,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue. I had my sim go to coaching because Frequent Traveler was too much for him to keep up with on top of the rest, but he still gets constant bored moodlets when he hasn't traveled, and none of the positive ones for traveling.

Message 7 of 12 (2,192 Views)

Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Giving Bored Moodlet While Out of Home World?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't know how often this happens but last night I saved, went to bed, then this morning I start to play and I didn't notice it until now (after maybe 20 or 30 minutes of gameplay) that my Sim was again bored from no travel (my household is visiting San Myshuno, in case you're wondering) but still has the Energized buff from traveling. 

I don't want to submit this as a bug report yet since this is the first time it's happened to me because since getting Snowy Escape I don't think I've saved in another world, so I don't know how often this happens. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Also is there already a bug report related to this issue about Sims getting the bored moodlet from not travelling after loading up a save when it wasn't there before the game was saved? 

In case anyone's wondering, no I don't have CC or mods because I play on Xbox. But if there is a bug report on this, I'd appreciate it if someone could link it to me. 

If there isn't, I don't mind testing to see if it happens again when I save tonight and reload tomorrow (if they're bored from no travel and I have them travel to get rid of the moodlet before I go to bed).

Message 8 of 12 (2,150 Views)

Re: Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Giving Bored Moodlet While Out of Home World?

@AprilTheSimmer96  I've merged your post with the bug thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 12 (2,132 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Frequent Traveler Lifestyle Bug Gives Constant Bored Moodlet

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12 (2,011 Views)