[FIXED] [SE] Extreme Sports: High intensity slope not registering

by LauraKl10

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Extreme Sports: High intensity slope not registering

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm struggling with this right now. I've tried high intensity snowboarding on intermediate, expert and ludicrous slopes, as well as rockclimbing the wall behind the top of the gondola, ALL during thundersnow but none of it is registering for the last goal in the aspiration. Skill isn't high enough to try skiing. What I'm hearing from this thread is that I should try over and over again in the hopes it completes :')

Edit: Nevermind, it works perfectly if you always select "Continuously". Any "One Time" action does not complete the task. That's been my experience anyway.

Message 11 of 20 (1,882 Views)

Re: High intensity slope not registering

★ Guide

i have the same problem. "funny" thing is. one sim in the household managed to finish the aspiration by climbing with bad wether conditions (skiing, snowboarding didn't work). the other sim (a spellcaster) could not finish the aspiration. a) neither climbing, skiing on any slope with any intensity tick of the aspiration. b) and he could also not tick off the climbing, skiing snowboading lvl 8 task,. he is already over lv 8., but it doesn't count.

Message 12 of 20 (1,849 Views)

Re: High intensity slope not registering

★★★★ Apprentice

Im having the same issue on the PS4, not able to snowboard anymore. Unable to complete the aspiration. Both sums are level 9 and 7. This is BS. It needs to be FIXED ASAP. 

Message 13 of 20 (1,832 Views)

★★ Guide
@LauraKl10 I had this happen too. I tried a level 10 skier and level 10 snowboarder on all the various slopes, on single time, on continuous, with POV snowboarding and with all the intensity levels (just in case). It doesn't complete, unfortunately.
Message 14 of 20 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just wanted to report that I've had the same issue. No matter how many times my Sim went down the expert slope on high intensity, the aspiration would not fulfill. Per talkinggrape's suggestion, I tried it on the medium slope and the aspiration completed on the first try. I play on PC and am not using CC/mods. 

Message 15 of 20 (1,772 Views)

★ Novice

I have same problem. I've tried expert slope with high intensity many times but it doesn't mark in aspiration. Then, I try to intermediate slope with high intensity, just 1 time I was skiing, it does mark the aspiration. So maybe you can try the intermediate slope first with high intensity. Or you can try both of slope. My skiing skill level is 5

Message 16 of 20 (1,573 Views)

★★ Guide
@LauraKl10 I've had this problem too. I had to switch to a different type. (I think that I've wanted it to be skiing but had to use snowboarding.) I have all the packs except Spooky Stuff, Fitness kit and Bust the Dust kit. I hadn't tried to do that aspiration until after the 1.72.28.1030 patch. And I had no mods/CC/old local thumb cache in the game at the time.
Message 17 of 20 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm max skill on both yet it won't let me do anything higher then easy and when doing life aspiration it won't let me move on pass bunny slops. I even tried to reinstalling it,but nothing. Also my social events won't show me what I have to do to get score to add to the bar to get higher then bronze.

Message 18 of 20 (1,410 Views)

Hero
@LordMagoichi are you on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (1,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Extreme Sports enthusiasts will now be able to complete High Intensity Skiing or Snowboarding on Intermediate or Expert Slopes. Good luck!

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Be aware that the slopes are still broken for Console. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (6,342 Views)