Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Extreme Sports: High intensity slope not registering

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? Version 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All minus my first pet stuff, Romantic garden pack, fitness pack, cool kitchen stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? High level skiing and snowboarding can only go down bunny and easy slope. "Change to goofy stance" is the only option. Intermediate and above slopes aren’t even an option. Even clicking on snowboard in inventory, does not recognize you are on mountain (even when at the top). No unlockes with increased skills. Both my sims are level 7 and 9. Unable to complete Aspiration. 
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to ski and snowboard on all slopes not just bunny and easy, complete the game Aspiration and gain access to unlocks. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, On console 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. Its been 2+ months since the skin tone patch correction. 

I do also have a lot within the mountain area changed to a Cafe.

Message 51 of 97 (873 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] [ROM] [GF] Unable to use slope with familiar/Drone presen

Hero
@wesnic87 I merged your thread with the existing thread on the issue. The thread you posted in was a bit different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 97 (1,288 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape slopes are not usable

★★★ Newbie

Same here! It’s so frustrating! I don’t have many expansion packs at the moment so when I saw it was 60% off I got excited! Now I feel like I shouldn’t have even bothered, seems like this has been an ongoing issue since December :/

Message 53 of 97 (1,261 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

★ Apprentice

I continue to have this problem. When will this be fixed? I don’t play this expansion as it’s not worth the time. After almost 3 months I think we need to have our money back.

Message 54 of 97 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe try to get a refund, Its an not even a playable pack anymore. 

Message 55 of 97 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issus as everyone else has said. Whether I cheat or gain skills to snowboard or skii normally I can't use any other slope except easy. The other slope just say 'change stance to goofy'. 

Message 56 of 97 (1,088 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Anyone figure this out yet? I'm having this issue on ps4, along with the extreme sports enthusiast aspiration 

Message 57 of 97 (1,071 Views)

★ Apprentice

PS4. No cheats, no mods, no familiars or drones active. Same issue: Unable to ski or snowboard past Easy slope.

Not fixed as of patch 1.38. This is core functionality that is paid for, but unavailable. Fix pronto, please.

Message 58 of 97 (1,045 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Extreme Sports: High intensity slope not registering

★★★ Novice

I'm having the SAME issue. I'm playing on Xbox 1S. This crap is ridiculous. Everything was fine until the game updated and now the point of the pack is USELESS! Why EA takes so long to fix these bugs I'll NEVER understand. But at this point, I just want my money back. My sims are BOTH on level 10 for snowboarding and skiing and yet cant use either EXTREME or INTERMEDIATE slope. What a waste of time and money. Not to mention I cannot finish the last asperation! No mods. Just basic packs. I've spent over $300 buying these sims pack and I EXPECT THEM ALL TO WORK! Don't even get me started on the OTHER bugs within the SIMS4 franchise. UNACCEPTABLE! 

Message 59 of 97 (804 Views)

Snowy escape - can't use any of the high slopes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, parenthood, spa day, outdoor retreat, jungle adventure, dine out, realm of magic, perfect patio, spooky, backyard, vintage glamour, bowling night, toddler, laundry day, tiny living, nifty knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go to Mt Komorebi's ski slopes in the Yukimatsu Neighbourhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? First of all, when my sims go to the ski slopes and go down the bunny slope (to complete the sports aspiration) it doesn't register my sims have completed the 'go down bunny slope' part of the aspiration when my sim has - this is really annoying because I have to use cheats to complete the milestone. Next when my sims get to level 3 of snowboarding/skiing this should enable me to use the intermediate slopes but it literally removes the option. Unlike the ski slopes where I click on the slope and it comes up with 'go skiing on easy slope' this option is not there for any of the higher slopes. This includes the expert slopes & ludicrous slopes.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the 'go down the bunny slope' part of the aspiration is registered when I do the task. Also that there is an option to go down the intermediate/expert/ludicrous slopes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Image Link To Demonstrate Problem 

Message 60 of 97 (931 Views)