by Elecyah

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

★★★★★ Novice

Thank You!

Message 301 of 395 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for detailling the steps, it worked like a charm on my end too !

And yes, backup indeed all build/sims made in Mt.Komorebi. My Sim lost all his friends and even the lottery money he won. I know there are cheats to fix this but that might be a new interesting challenge to buy his house back from nothing. And now he can go on a climbing adventure !

Message 302 of 395 (1,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just here to say that that is really cool but the same thing detailed on the very first post on this thread is happening on PS4, where we can't fix it by doing stuff on origin. Didn't want to create a duplicate thread to say that. Maybe there is one already?

Message 303 of 395 (988 Views)

★ Guide
@CarloxForever I haven’t touched my PS4 in months 🙈 So I’ve forgotten exactly how to do it, but there is a similar process that can be performed on console in which you delete, then reinstall the application data for TS4 &/or for just the affected pack specifically.

If you’re able to delete the app data for SE only, this process will go by infinitely faster. But if you have to delete the app data for the game itself, then you’ll have to reinstall not only TS4 & then update it, but also reinstall EVERY additional pack that you own.

If you use PS Plus or own a USB flash drive, then I strongly recommend backing up your saves in case any game corruption occurs; however, application data is not the same as game save data, so you won’t have to worry about it being DELETED during this process, only corrupted (which honestly isn’t very likely, but seeing as this is TS4 on console we’re talking about here, who knows).

My apologies for not remembering exactly how reinstallations are performed on PS4, but hopefully this can help to point you in the right direction of exactly how to do it & then see the same results as the rest of the Simmers here who are Origin users. Fingers crossed!
Message 304 of 395 (952 Views)

★ Guide

Yes!! Thank you!! Disabling, then 're-abling' the SE pack works! WOOT WOOT and a happy dance! Thank you!  It basically makes your save a 'new save' as far as the expansion pack is concerned. 

A big thank you to original poster, EnderrGrande and all others who have tested and provided instructions!! Heart

Message 305 of 395 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I managed a workaround on this;

1. After completing the update that was released ahead of Cottage Living,
  2. I saved my Household to my library (From Manage Households - Select family, take them into CAS (click the pencil icon in lower right). Then click the folder in the upper right corner to save to the My Library tab). 
  3. Created a new save with a random Sim
  4. Merged my existing Household to the new Save
  5. Onsen Bathhouse is now loading when selecting Plan Social Event

All skills, achievements, aspirations etc...are kept for my desired family doing it this way

Message 306 of 395 (662 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

★★★★ Novice

Two updates and still not solved. It is the most important thing in snowy oasis. I am tired ...

Message 307 of 395 (638 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

★★★★ Novice

correction: Resolved!!!

Message 308 of 395 (628 Views)

can't climb to the top of mt komorebi

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? the latest, 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have installed island living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, snowy scape, tiny living, eco lifestyle, discover university, perfect patio stuff and kids room stuff. i also have the free one that has to do with christmas (i can't remember the name sorry)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just try to climb to the top of mount komorebi, either using your sim's phone or the calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? there's a long load screen and then i get kicked off the household and the choose worlds thingy pops up. then i try to play with the same household again and it keeps happening. if i save the game, the sims 4 will stop working and i will have to repair the game in order to play. and if i don't nothing happens. sorry for my english, it's not my first language plus i play the game in spanish.
What do you expect to see? i expect to be able to try to climb to the top of mt komorebi. i bought the pack recently so i haven't been able to do it yet Frown this has been happening since like two months ago maybe? i checked if it had been fixed with the two new updates for cottage living but it hasn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this is what happens when wanting to climb mt komorebi 

Message 309 of 395 (566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this still happens to me too

Message 310 of 395 (558 Views)