Re: [OPEN] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

by sbuxny

Original Post

Snowy Escape doesn't work properly

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all, don't have Vampires...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mountain Excursion Event Will Not Start, also a Snow festival
What happens when the bug occurs? When every playing Sim plan the social event of a mountain excursion or festival it only gives the option of “generic” and the image of a grey llama and the game will redirect to the world menu with endless loading screen that crashes the game. I tried a game repair, restarted Origin and the entire game, started a new save file and still the same outcome, generic location and llama icon.
What do you expect to see? That the game Snowy Escape work like EA show us, to gave opportunity to go climbing etc... We pay for it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please, react because this is not the first post about problem which exist months before..

Message 251 of 395 (770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This still doesn't work for me. I've tried with two different households on two different saves. When I select the event it lets me invite the people but it shows a llama icon as the location named "generic." After I select to continue I can't access anything else in the save. This is so very frustrating. Plz help EA!!! 

Message 252 of 395 (728 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this as well.  I thought it was a mod, so I removed all my mods and the problem occurred again.  I created a new game, worked the SIms up to level 8 rock climbing, tried it again, still doesn't work.  

I have all packs except Eco Living, Batuu, DHD, and Bust the Dust.  

As most of the others on this thread have said, it shows a llama icon on the right, and "generic" on the left, with "generic" already selected.  If I select "next", I get the World Management screen.  If I select a commercial or empty lot, it has me in build/buy mode.  If there is a family on that lot, the game loads forever and nothing happens.  (I once let it sit for several hours just to see if anything would happen, and nada.  Loading, loading forever.)

I came here because I have tried to fix this dozens of times in my game over the past several weeks, and haven't been able to get it to work.  With all the people who have encountered this, I'm going to presume this is completely borked, and I simply won't bother trying it anymore.   Kind of sad that something that I consider fairly essential to this expansion is so completely broken.

Message 253 of 395 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This bug is not even on laundry list. Can we get a fix? It’s been months…

Message 254 of 395 (603 Views)

★ Guide
@sbuxny I keep on returning here to see how this is going. I have a sim that I very much would like to go to the mountains with so I am hoping for a fix at some point.
Message 255 of 395 (506 Views)

★ Guide

I am also experiencing this bug in every new save I make. This makes a majority of SE unplayable, can we please get a fix ,_,

Message 256 of 395 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SilentK008 Yes same, I also check this thread almost every day. I bought SE at the latest sale and my two sim in different save files (and me!) desperately want to go climbing and complete their aspirations. I would have bought a different pack if I knew this bug exists. It’s upsetting.

Message 257 of 395 (470 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has been over a month and this is still going on can we do something...

Message 258 of 395 (448 Views)

★ Apprentice

I guess we need to keep posting here and that’ll help. Feels like we have been for ages now though and it’s being ignored 

Message 259 of 395 (435 Views)

Bug: Can't choose event locations

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Cottage living Discover university Eco lifestyle Get famous Go to work Get together Island living Seasons Snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? The game keep loading forever
What do you expect to see? I try to make an event in another location, and I can't choose or see any other locations except own house. I only see "generic"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try to make an event in another location, and I can't choose or see any other locations except own house. I only see "generic" as an option, and when I click on it, then the screen keeps loading forever.

Message 260 of 395 (392 Views)