Re: Planning a social event takes me to Manage Worlds

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

★★ Novice

I can confirm that this is a workaround that allows you to do the expedition until it’s correctly fixed 

Message 241 of 395 (845 Views)

Re: Can't ChangeSpecial Venues/ Onsen & Mountain Hike event broken

Champion

@virgo_simmer There is a bug report for the issue you are experiencing. Re: Snowy Escape Mountain Excursion Broken - Page 22 - Answer HQ (ea.com) I hope this will give you an idea of what is going on. Please check out this bug report and if you feel like it, click 'Me too'. 

We will have to wait for a fix.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 242 of 395 (827 Views)

Hero
@virgo_simmer Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 243 of 395 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok...can someone please give me a step by step guide to fixing the mountain excursion please?

Message 244 of 395 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If anyone's curious, I played a couple hours on my old save with Vampires disabled because it's a save I wouldn't be too bothered to lose, and have had no problems doing the excursion several times. I haven't seen any side effects from disabling Vampires yet, either. It's worth noting that this was a pretty fresh save to begin with where I hadn't actively utilized anything from the Vampires pack yet, so I think that helps. But I would agree to be cautious with your more precious saves. 

Message 245 of 395 (748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This also happened to me. Same grey llama. Only thing is that I noticed something happened before it, but it wasn't at first related to the mountain excursion. I was attempting to have my Sim travel to the Festival of Snow, and ended up clicking one of the rentals by mistake instead of the Onsen. It had the endless loading screen there first. I had to force quit with Task Manager. Then later on, I ended up trying to initiate a Mountain Excursion with the phone, and it gave me the Generic lot with the grey llama, and the next screen the Car icon on the bottom right to travel to the destination was tiny like it was sized down, clicked it and it had this weird Household select menu, I screen capped but erased the names since they're real people's names, but it says "Select a Household and Sims to Visit with" and has a My Households menu and an Other Households menu, and I could only select one at a time. And you can see how small the icons become on the bottom right, normally there's only the Car icon and it's about four times bigger. If I select the check mark, it will go to the endless loading screen. My two Sims I selected to go to the Mountain Excursion live in two different households. They're only dating, but I don't want them to live together yet. So I tried another save and had roommates try and it came up with the same bugs. The Grey llama screen is the same as everyone else's. I even tried having my Sim initiate it from the Onsen, but it still doesn't work. I have all the Packs and kits besides the Bust the Dust kit. I do have Mods installed but it also happens when I take them out. I also tried repairing the game and it didn't work.

Message 246 of 395 (731 Views)

★★★ Novice

@9120 wrote:

Ok...can someone please give me a step by step guide to fixing the mountain excursion please?

Hi!

I disabled the Vampires GP in my game, which fixed the mountain excursion for me.

I personally have not had any issues so far with this workaround, but I have to say that I did not have any vampires in my active household or many CAS or build items in my save game. So keep that in mind and judge for yourself if you think your save heavily relies on the vampires GP or not!!!

Here is how you can disable the vampires GP:

- Go to your game library in Origin and click on The Sims 4.

- Under the “Play” button there is a “Settings” button ⚙️, clicking this button will give you a small menu (see picture 1 if necessary).

- Select “Game Properties”, which will open a pop up screen.

- Go to the “Advanced launch options” tab.

- Under “Command line arguments” you have to write the following:

-disablepacks:GP04  

and then save (see picture 2 if necessary).

- Start up your game. When loading your save game you will get a message and a warning that vampires is required and continuing may corrupt your save (see picture 3), so if you don’t want to risk losing your save I would recommend making a back up of the save files beforehand just in case!

After saving your game again (I decided to use the “save as..” option to create a new save) the message about the required pack will be gone the next time you load your save.

Good luck!

Message 247 of 395 (656 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have vampires but still get this bug. I only bought this pack a few days ago Frown

Message 248 of 395 (582 Views)

Planning a social event takes me to Manage Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a social event for the Mountain Excursion (snowy escape)
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to plan this social event, the game takes me to Manage Worlds. Once I choose to visit any lot, the game gets stuck on the loading screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be taken to the appropriate location for the excursion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I try to plan a social event for the Mountain Excursion (Snowy Escape expansion), the game takes me to Manage Worlds instead. When I try to have my family visit any lot, including their own home, my game gets stuck on a loading screen.

This has also happened when I try to go to different festivals at the Snowy Escape location, so I think this may be an expansion pack bug?

I have checked for updates and tried repairing my game, no luck.

Message 249 of 395 (621 Views)

Re: Planning a social event takes me to Manage Worlds

Hero
@littlesiha I merged your post with the main thread on the mountain excursion

The snow festival has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-Travelling-to-Snow-Festival-causes-World-to-reload/td-p/103.... Just click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 250 of 395 (614 Views)