Re: Snowy Escape Mountain Excursion Broken

by camillaanneismay

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hey Crin, re: the above replies. I have just tried planning another social event (birthday party and also fan meet and greet) and on the list of available locations, the Onsen appears as Generic with the llama again like the others have mentioned. So it does seem as though it's a problem with that particular lot.
Just for reference, in Build Mode the lot type for the Onsen is showing as 'Onsen Bathhouse' and that is the only option, so I assume its correct?
Message 31 of 395 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@camillaanneismay I just started a new save to try this again and there it doesn't work for me either. It's so strange. I have no issues on my existing SE save.

The Save also seem to break pretty badly if you save.

I do think it's the same issue as before. it just behaves differently of you schedule or plan the event.

1. Calendar: You can choose the generic lot and it gets added to your calendar. Once the time for the event arrives, it just gets cancelled with the message posted in the other thread as the lot isn't availble
2. Phone: The Sim tries to travel to the onsen and lands on the map instead. If you want to reload, the Sim is on the corrupted onsen lot which causes endless loading.

I have no issues travelling to the Onsen but my Sim lives in Mt. Komorebi

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 395 (2,575 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ah I see, thanks for the detailed reply! I can also travel to the Onsen using the map no problem, but am having the same issue as the others with clicking directly on it when I'm nearby.

When you say "the same issue as before", is there a suggested fix that worked before or have these all failed (repairing, repairing with Beta, new save game, removing mods etc)? As nothing works with any of the above I'm now just having to play without any Onsen event features which is a little sad.
Message 33 of 395 (2,640 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay I meant the other thread I linked and no, there was never a solution for that. Something seems to corrupt the onsen lot

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 395 (2,639 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict okay, thanks. That's such a shame. Is there anywhere else we can report this or do we just have to hope that it's patched and fixed at some point?
Message 35 of 395 (2,631 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay Here' is exactly where you should report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 395 (2,630 Views)

Champion

@camillaanneismay  Hi!  I had this issue as well and exactly as you described.  Selecting the generic llama sent to me an endless loading loop.  In my case, I had a household of three sims who got stuck "at in Komorebi".  So once I was back at Manage Worlds, I used Manage Households to add a fourth sim.  When I tried to play that sim, I got a very long loading screen and finally ended the task through the PC's task manager.  I was thinking maybe that save was just lost forever.  However, after the third attempt to load that fourth sim, the household loaded in under a minute and all the sims were back.  It doesn't fix the problem but possibly it could help you, or anyone else who's stuck, get out of that loop.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 37 of 395 (2,598 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was curious after reading this thread, started an existing save and tried everything to duplicate the issues, but so far I can't. I can select the Onsen for mountain tours (and they will start properly). I can also travel to the Onsen by clicking on it. Playing vanilla and fully patched with all packs except Home Decorator.

Message 38 of 395 (2,550 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Can you try a new save ? I think it's actually only happening on new saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 395 (2,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Ah ok, in a new save it happens to me too!

Message 40 of 395 (2,553 Views)