Re: Snowy Escape Mountain Excursion Broken

by Kihrala

Original Post

Hero
@Kihrala Have you tried starting at the onsen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 395 (3,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictYep, I tried to plan the event using the phone at my sim's house, the onsen, and one of the rental lots near the mountain. Seems to not work no matter where my sim is.

EDIT: I also tried using a new save, but still broken. 

Message 22 of 395 (3,650 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time for the excursion, unsure for the bathhouse
What is your current game version number? Not sure how to check that, but everything was fully patched (no betas) before playing
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Famous and Get Together, all game packs except Spa Day & Batuu, plus Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Tiny Living, Toddler stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bugs ourselves? Plan mountain excursion event as per normal, or travel to the bathhouse
What happens when the bug occurs? Attempting to schedule will show a generic llama picture for the location. After hitting the checkbox, the player is booted out to the world select screen and attempting to reload the household shows the sim who went on the excursion as "At  in Mt. Komorebi". I have also had this happen once (but not every time) when traveling direct to the bathhouse.
What do you expect to see? To end up at the bathhouse to begin the excursion or hang out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I have never used CC or mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure, this is a fresh install after purchasing Snowy Escape on Friday.

I took screenshots of the the process, linked below as I can only provide three attachments;

Event Selection Screen 

Event Location Screen (Generic Llama) 

After this the game loads out to the world select screen, going back to my sims leads to this;

Sim at [blank] in Mt. Komorebi 

Child Sim in Household Showing as Unplayable 

Attempting to hit the big play button in the bottom right does give the Sim selection window, but picking either of them results in a never ending loading screen.

Following this bug, I repaired the game. The bug persisted. I then created a fresh save, with a completely new sim, moved her into the Snowy Escape neighborhood immediately, and encountered the same issue.

Message 23 of 395 (3,751 Views)

Hero
@TheAxrat to be sure, you also see it on the phone (immediately) and the calendar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 395 (3,736 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI went into my fresh save just now to check this and the calendar shows the same generic llama. I took a screenshot of that and attached it, as well, so you have one in both in case the test crew needs them.

Message 25 of 395 (3,728 Views)

Hero
@TheAxrat the calendar is an old issue. I might merge these threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 395 (3,706 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Before you do, I do want to highlight that I had the same boot-to-world-select behavior when just traveling to the onsen itself, without an excursion planned. It only happened 1 out of the 3 times I went there last night, which isn't enough to really give a definitive on how often it happens, but it did happen. No idea if it's related to the 'generic lot' issue or if it was a fluke coincidence but the behavior was the same; booted to world select, tried to hit play on my household, and ended up in a loading screen from which the only escape was task manager.

Message 27 of 395 (3,697 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheAxrat Now that you mentioned it, this is also happening to me. If I am at one of the rental lots in the snowy mountain place and try to travel to the onsen by just clicking on it, I am sent to the select a world menu and then am faced with the endless loading screen after choosing a sim. It is likely that there is an issue with the onsen itself that is connected with the mountain excursion problem.
Message 28 of 395 (3,688 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kihrala That's a good point, the one time I ended up in that loop was when I clicked on the onsen directly while on the snowboarding slopes. The other times I traveled by selecting 'Travel' on the phone and arrived without issue.
Message 29 of 395 (3,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TheAxratYep, so I just tested traveling there normally via phone and no issue there. Traveling to the onsen directly by clicking on the building does not work. Also, I tried to throw a birthday party at the onsen through the phone and the "Generic" gray llama icon is there too which then led to the same problems with the mountain excursion. So it is not just the mountain excursion event that is posing problems. There is clearly an issue with the onsen lot.

Message 30 of 395 (3,679 Views)