Re: Snowy Escape Mountain Excursion Broken

by camillaanneismay

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Kihrala I'm getting this feeling too. It's my first time playing SE so I have nothing to compare it to, but if yours worked previously it def sounds like an update issue!
Message 11 of 395 (4,566 Views)

Hero
@Kihrala Are you on a mac as well?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 395 (4,556 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hey, I just tried your suggestion and I can confirm the packs also get repaired even without opting in to Beta (I tried both). However it hasn't fixed the issue. Seems to be a problem with the latest update a few days ago, perhaps?
Message 13 of 395 (4,017 Views)

Cannot Plan Mountain Excursion (select location broken)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan mountain excursion event from either phone or calendar. When selecting the location, the only option is "Generic" with a gray llama icon. If you select it and finish planning the event, the game will redirect to the select a world menu. Then, then trying to select a sim to play with, there is an endless loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? After scheduling the event, the game will redirect to the select a world menu. When trying to select any sim in the household to play with, there is an endless loading screen. It is impossible to do the event and climb the mountain now.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the game to allow me to select the onsen as the venue for the mountain excursion and for the game to then load that lot with my selected sims and allow me to do the excursion without any issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the game with the latest update

The mountain excursion has worked properly for me the last time I attempted it a few months ago. I'm not sure if it is the newest update or a recent previous update causing the issue. I have made no changes to any of the existing game lots. 

Message 14 of 395 (4,006 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay I'll check if I can find a mac user to test this as it's fine in my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 395 (4,012 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No, I am on PC (Windows 10)
Message 16 of 395 (4,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kihrala I merged your other thread. Even if you're on PC, no need for a seperate one

To be sure, you also attempted a game repair ?

EDIT: I can duplicate from calendar but that's nothing new. That has always been broken as reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-SE-Mountain-Excursion-Planned-Event-Will-Not-Start/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 395 (3,995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, I also tried to repair the game.
Message 18 of 395 (3,963 Views)

Hero
@Kihrala And it's both the calendar and planning one right away ? (see my edit above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 395 (3,959 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, it does not work even when planning right away from the phone. I used to be able to do it successfully from the phone, but not anymore. Both calendar and phone do not work now.
Message 20 of 395 (3,953 Views)