Re: Unable to ski/snowboard/sled - no action available here.

by Evaliyn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] [DO] Placing Restaurant in Yukimatsu breaks slopes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have set one of the lots to a restaurant type in Yukimatsu. When I travel to the restaurant and try to use any of the slopes (skiing/snowboarding/sledding) I get the thought bubble saying I can't walk there. The slopes work at any of the other lots which have not had any changes to them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims go to the top of the slope then put the skis down and show the thought bubble error. I have tested with skiing, snowboarding and sledding. I bought the upgraded skis as well and it still wouldn't work. When I travel to a different lot (such as the onsen) it works fine. So it is obviously a conflict with the lot type, which I have set to restaurant.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to use the slopes regardless of lot type. There may also be issues with other lot types but I haven't tested them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have attached an image showing the error.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (2,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [DO] Placing Restaurant in Yukimatsu breaks slopes

Hero

Want to run a Restaurant in Yukimatsu but also want to enjoy the slopes? Now your
Sims can enjoy the slopes and dine in style. However this action is only directed, and will
not be autonomous. In the same vein Restaurant employees will not be tempted to leave
work to enjoy the slopes.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (1,426 Views)

All Replies

Re: Snowy Escape - can't use slopes at a restaurant

Hero
@sarahandemma34 As the upload of your pic didn't work, which lot are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,234 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem! Glad i am not the only one, hope this will get fixt soonStandard smile

Message 3 of 17 (2,181 Views)

Hero
@jazzzzie Which lot did you place the restaurant on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,177 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, I only just saw your message! The lot I changed was the 5-1-1 Kiyomatsu lot which is the one on the very left. I also just tested it again and still got the error with a different sim, different save and different lot (this time it was the 5-1-2 Kiyomatsu lot).

Message 5 of 17 (2,148 Views)

Hero
@sarahandemma34 Tested all the lots in and can def duplicate this

Tested some other lot types like vet, retail and residential, those were fine

So it seems restaurant specific (although I haven't tested all the lot types)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Something similar here, but in my case, my sim got a bubble saying “can’t do it/can’t go there”.

No mods/cc. I repaired the game, nothing!

I tested with other sims. The problem persist... sometimes the game let it, other times, sims can’t ski/sled/snowboard at all. 

All my sims are humans and young adults... 

it’s frustrating because it’s a major factor from the new expansion pack.

you can see what the problem is in this pic.

thanks 

Message 7 of 17 (2,094 Views)

Hero
@Evaliyn Did you build a restaurant in the mountain area ?

Any umbrellas involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (2,082 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No umbrellas.

I discovered that my sim is unable to ski/snowboard from the restaurant lote (the one from the expansion pack). On the other hand, My sim can ski if she is on the ONSEN BATH HOUSE.

Why is that? :/ 

thanks for your help!

Edit By Crinrict: Remove unnecessary spoiler tags

Message 9 of 17 (2,075 Views)

Hero
@Evaliyn It's a bug. I merged your thread with the report on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,061 Views)