[FIXED] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

by PersonKID123

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 cottage living help finding seaweed

★ Guide
@Trismagistos I've lived in Sulani almost exclusively since the pack came out. As far as I know there is only one booth by the bar in Ohanali Town. It just sells food. I just traveled back to Sulani & it only has Traopical Veg Plate, Grilled Fruit, Pork Adobo, Roasted Fish, BBQ Salmon, ShishKebab, Kalua Pork Plate. the Vending Machine only sells Coconut, Kava & Taro ingredients.

I agree with the other posters that it is ridiculous to think a recipe from Snowy Escape would require an ingredient souly from Island Living. This must be a mistake.

I even decided to place Zee's E-Z Poke Stand, Jess's Big Island BBQ Shack & iLand Beach Shax on the community beach lot just try hiring vendors but none of these items have Seaweed for sale.

Please fix this. I love onigiri & make my sims eat it a lot since I usually live off the grid. Thank you.
Message 11 of 27 (2,071 Views)

Champion

@Amalathea My Sims recently moved from Sulani to Henford on Bagley to try out this world and they brought the seaweed, that they bought at the booth along with them. It was still in their inventories and was bought at the exact same place near the bar that you mentioned, at Ohan'ali Town. This was just after the Cottage Living pack came out. My Spellcaster Sim was able to duplicate the seaweed before the bug appeared so there was no need for me to buy it again. 

My reaction on OP was on Saturday before it came clear that it definitely is a bug. So, my initial reaction ment for OP was to try it out there. Later, when I tried it myself, my Spellcaster couldn't duplicate it anymore and I noticed it wasn't for sale in the booth, so I gave it a 'Me too' and XP. 

I am sorry to read that you experience this bug too. And, like you I hope it will be fixed soon.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 12 of 27 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Trismagistos do you have an image of the seaweed in your sim's inventory? does it look like the one in debug or different ??

Message 13 of 27 (1,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DylanOfSlytherin Here are the two types of seaweed! The first is the item you could buy and used in and as food. The second is the debug item.

Spoiler
zeewier.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-07-29 182202.png

Hope that is the information you were after.

Have fun playing. 😉

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 14 of 27 (1,966 Views)

★★★ Novice

The item in the inventory, is not at all seaweed. It's mermadic kelp, how you turn a Sim into a mermaid. Has nothing to do with cooking meals that require seaweed.

Message 15 of 27 (1,891 Views)

Champion

@thesimslover828 You are right! Some of the issues in the topic got lost in translation. The first image is like you state kelp. Both however are stated as food!

Let op:

Message 16 of 27 (1,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Trismagistos wrote:

@thesimslover828 You are right! Some of the issues in the topic got lost in translation. The first image is like you state kelp. Both however are stated as food!

That's true, how odd they'd mark mermadic kelp as food, considering it's special use. Very interesting to know. 😀

Message 17 of 27 (1,795 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

★ Apprentice

I have Cottage Living and Snowy Escape, but not Island Living. Seaweed still shows up as a required ingredient when the Simple Living lot trait is active. I think the best fix would be not to remove the seaweed requirement, but to add seaweed as a cooking ingredient available in the grocery store, as well as giving the Island Living seaweed the seaweed ingredient tag, so people who do have the pack can dive for their own if they wanted.

Message 18 of 27 (1,651 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

Champion

Same here - I have Snowy Escape and Cottage Living, but not Island Living, and no idea how to get seaweed to make Onigiri with the Simple Living challenge on.

Also, I'm noticing they like naming things "X Living"...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 19 of 27 (1,618 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living ingredient missing

★★★★ Apprentice

@CCuteCCabaret wrote:

I peeked at the xmls and it's the seaweed ingredient itself that is broken. The object id listed for ingredients matches the object id for the debug seaweed. I guess they forgot to make the seaweed you get when fishing into a usable ingredient?

Surely this is the issue. I wonder why Crinrict hasn't seen this thread.

Message 20 of 27 (1,325 Views)