by Trismagistos

Original Post

[FIXED] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, cottage living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, snowy escape, dine out, dream home decor, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, Luxury Party stuff, Moschino stuff, movie hangout, nifty knitting, paranormal, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? add seaweed to the game, or remove it as an ingredient
What happens when the bug occurs? For the simple living lot trait for cottage living, seaweed is needed to make the snowy escape recipes onigiri, seaweed ramen, and the sushi rolls. However, it is not possible to get seaweed in the game.
What do you expect to see? There to be seaweed in the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried snorkeling, diving, and fishing without luck. The only debug option for seaweed is the non-interactable object that is sometimes caught while fishing and thrown back into the water. I tried the kelp from island living, and this did not work as an ingredient. Multiple other people have reported this issue on different forums with no solution. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 8 of 27 (10,204 Views)

Sims 4 cottage living help finding seaweed

★ Apprentice

For the simple living lot trait, it says I need seaweed to make onigiri and seaweed ramen. However, I can't find it anywhere. The seaweed in the debug build menu is not interactable, and if my sim catches seaweed while fishing, she throws it back in the water. There's no seaweed in groceries either. Does anybody know where to find it? Does it even exist in the game?

Message 1 of 27 (10,116 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living help finding seaweed

Champion

@PersonKID123 When you have the Expansion Pack Island Living you will be able to buy it in one of the booths near the beach bar In the Ohan'Ali area. Hope that will help.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 27 (10,101 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PersonKID123 Sometimes you can find it by snorkelling if you have island living.

Message 3 of 27 (10,100 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Trismagistos oh i forgot about the booth.

Message 4 of 27 (10,105 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Rachelharris31 I am one of the buying kind. 😏💰😂

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 27 (10,104 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried the booths and snorkeling and couldn't find it. Is it seaweed or mermadic kelp you can get snorkeling? I bought mermadic kelp to try and see if it would work, and it didn't

Message 6 of 27 (10,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PersonKID123 I think its both i know you can definitely find seaweed by snorkelling cause that's how i get it it can take a while to come across though try the cave thats at the ship wreck lot i sometimes find it in there to though that is also hard to come across it will take a few tries.

Message 7 of 27 (10,081 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living ingredient missing

★★ Guide

I peeked at the xmls and it's the seaweed ingredient itself that is broken. The object id listed for ingredients matches the object id for the debug seaweed. I guess they forgot to make the seaweed you get when fishing into a usable ingredient?

Message 9 of 27 (10,030 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

★ Guide

Same problem. No way to access seaweed. 

It would be absurd if the only way to "get" seaweed necessary for a recipe that came with Snowy Escape is to do an activity that relies on a different expansion pack. Not everyone is going to have both and they should always behave independent of each other in that respect. This cannot possibly be intentional on the part of the developers. While the expansion packs generally mesh together, they always work independently as well. Not one absolutely relies on another (with the exception of My First Pet). 

This has to be a bug. 

Message 10 of 27 (9,755 Views)