Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [SE] [CoL] [CL] Sims greyed out for 'Travel with' option for Festivals

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's except for High School Years, all GP's except for Dine Out and JTB, most Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Live Mode, wait for the UI popup message that a festival is starting. Click on the button to attend the festival and then try to select other Sims to travel with your Sim(s)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that are not currently in the same area/neighborhood as your active Sim are greyed out and are not available to be selected to travel with your Sim(s) to the festival. This is similar to the travel with bug that was fixed in the 8-2-2022 patch
What do you expect to see? For sims to not be greyed out and to have the option to select them to travel with my Sim(s) to the festival.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Game patch from Aug 2, 2022

Travel with finchwick fair bug.JPG

So far I've tested this with the Spice Festival in San Myshuno and the Finchwick Fair in Henford-on-Bagley. In both occasions, any Sims that were not in the same neighborhood as my active Sims were greyed out and not available to be selected.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,428 Views)

Re: [SE] [CoL] [CL] Sims greyed out for 'Travel with' option for Festivals

★★ Novice

This is also happening to me.  I don't use any custom content or mods either.  I do have High School Years and Dine out installed.  Sims are greyed out for travel to a festival.

Message 2 of 8 (2,245 Views)

Re: [SE] [CoL] [CL] Sims greyed out for 'Travel with' option for Festivals

★★ Novice

I made a new Sim last night and this isn't happening with her.  Not certain why, but it isn't.  So, I guess my problem is solved.

Message 3 of 8 (2,202 Views)

Can't travel with other sims anymore (PC)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the recent kid's outfits kits and the men's outfits kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going on calendar to travel to an event, the "travel with..." window pops up.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the sims are greyed out except for the sims thats are present on the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see all the of the sims avalaible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most current patch, in a new game save. 1.93.129.1030

Hi, I actually can't travel with my sim's partner, she's in a university residence and he's in sulani. I've removed my mods and the issue is still occuring for different households too. They're greyed out except for the sims that are on the lot. I really thought that issue was fixed though.

Message 4 of 8 (1,684 Views)

Re: Can't travel with other sims anymore (PC)

Hero
@lily_s147 What kind of events do you mean ? There's a known issue with festivals and if you click on a certain building but I'm not sure if yours is different.

You say by going to through the calendar ? Do you mean when you schedule a new event ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,645 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No what I mean is when I want to go to an already made event like for example the spice festival in san myshuno, wether I click to travel to it from the calendar or from the notifications, when the window opens most of sims are greyed out. I joined a screenshot.

Message 6 of 8 (1,605 Views)

Hero
@lily_s147 Yeah, that's a known issue. I merged your post with the bug report on it. Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,599 Views)

★ Pro

Still a problem for me as well.

Message 8 of 8 (1,097 Views)