Re: [OPEN] [SE] Climbing Gear not repairable

by Nerdrager

Original Post

Re: Snowy Escape Climbing Gear not repairable

★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried to repair at poor and good levels too with the same result, cant be repaired and just have to buy a new one.

Message 11 of 19 (1,089 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. I'm curious if handiness skill not being high enough has anything to do with it, mainly because mine was in "good" condition, but I wanted it to be perfect before I did the expedition so I told my sim to repair it and now it's "poor" so I think she made it worse since she has no handiness skill. Not sure...

Message 12 of 19 (1,080 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue for me, handiness at 10 and rock climbing at 6

Message 13 of 19 (1,058 Views)

★★ Novice
@Haka1978 Well there goes that theory haha
Message 14 of 19 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still have this problem. The notification says my sim repaired it, but it is still broken. Have to buy new gear every time.

Message 15 of 19 (869 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know if this is the same issue, but after a breaking point session my sims gear went from "great" to "good", so I thought I'd repair it before it got worse and after repairing the condition was now "poor". Repairing it not only didn't improve it, but actually made it worse. is it supposed to be like that? Is there some mechanic there I'm not aware of? Like, trying to repair when it's not in poor or broken condition damages it, or maybe you need higher handiness skill? If that's the case, I feel like there should be a pop up about that, instead of just leaving us to not know what's going on. . 

Message 16 of 19 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

Chiming in that this seems to still be an issue. On PC, repairing it gives the message that it was successful, but still says condition is poor and I need to wait awhile before doing it again.

Message 17 of 19 (651 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The exact same thing happened to me today. I repaired at good and it went to poor, then I repaired at broken and it stayed broken. Apparently EA has no intention on fixing this or can't figure it out.

Message 18 of 19 (574 Views)

Hero

Climbing gear can be expensive so you want it to last and if it breaks you want to be able to fix it. Now you can do just that and instead of just saying it’s fixed, when you go to equip it, it will actually be fixed and will be equippable.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (2,302 Views)