by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Can't collect/wish on forest spirits

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try hiking and wishing/collecting forest spritis.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is hiking, the spirits appear, the Sim reacts, I click on "Collect" or "Make a wish" and the Sim continues to hike with the action in queue. Even when immediately cancelling the hiking action, the Sim continues to walk a bit and stops when it is too late. The spirits have disappeared and the Sim is reset.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should stop the hiking action and collect/make a wish on the forest spirits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help me.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (4,752 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't collect/wish on forest spirits

Hero (Retired)

I had this issue on PS4 also while trying to do the aspiration step that requires you to catch or wish on a spirit. The sim would not stop to interact with them, and as you saw, cancelling the hike just keeps the sim walking.

I ended up using the reset sim cheat to stop the hike so I could finish the aspiration. 

Message 2 of 7 (4,683 Views)

Hero

@NaerysW 

I had the same thing happen.  Those things disappear so fast.  Canceling the hike is sort of delayed.  It will cancel but the sims continue walking to the next waypoint before stopping.  Even cheating and resetting the sims makes them appear at the waypoint.  And by the time the sims can get back to where the spirits were, they were gone.

So the way I got it to work so I could collect them is not use hiking and just use the "Go Here Together".  The forest spirits also seem to spawn at the same places so once I learned where they spawn, I kept my sims a little bit away and waited.  Spent a lot of time waiting so it takes patience.  They don't seem to show up on a predicable schedule as far as I can see.  To complete both aspirations, you have to do it twice for each sim too.  So it felt like it took forever.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7 (4,653 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same problem for me

Message 4 of 7 (4,565 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Can't collect/wish on forest spirits

Anonymous

Couldn't figure out how to do it either.

Reset the Sim seems to be the only way, and even then it's not guaranteed.

They don't seem to be able to do it DURING a hike, and if you cancel the hike, they don't stop in time to go back and interact.

Message 5 of 7 (4,541 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Can't collect/wish on forest spirits

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your saves: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (3,862 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Can't collect/wish on forest spirits

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Collect/Make a wish upon a spirit is indeed a bit tricky. After canceling the hiking action, it often takes time until the Sim reacts. However if you let go and wait for a while, the Sim will eventually catch up and complete the encounter. By repeating this for a period of time, I was even able to collect all 5 spirit dolls but maybe it's just me.

Message 7 of 7 (3,575 Views)