Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [SE] Active/In Progress lifestyles greyed out on Lifestyle pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SE, Uni, Season, City, GT ; Magic, Vamps, Parent, Dine ; Knitting, Tiny, Laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on 'view lifestyles' in the sim's profile tab.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lifestyle tab will pop up, but all of them will be grayed out - even the ones the sim has or is in progress of. Happens nearly every time I attempt to view the menu.
What do you expect to see? The lifestyles my sim has should show up on the menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Need some help fixing this issue

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (4,149 Views)

Re: Lifestyle profile popup does not show active lifestyles

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @sofdege 

the in progress ones look fine for me but my active ones are also greyed out

Bild_2021-07-29_111756.png

You say it happens nearly every time you use the menu. Does it change for the same Sim what is greyed out for you or does it depend on the Sim you check ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I went in and played some other households I have and they too have the greyed out issue. The times that the menu did work were so random and didn't seem to correlate to any specific sim or household, but rather just occasionally showed up. 

Screenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

Message 3 of 17 (4,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 
I also noticed this problem yesterday.

Lifestyles that are in progress are colored and the active ones are gray

I am of the opinion that it was still normal before the patch from 20.07

Message 4 of 17 (4,037 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Active/In Progress lifestyles greyed out on Lifestyle pop-up

★ Novice
@sofdege I have this issue too - even in different save games. For me I noticed it during the eco lifestyle trial but I hadn't played for a while before that so it could have been an issue before downloading that trial & I just didn't notice. I've tried repairing the game but that doesn't work - active lifestyles are still grey, I have never put a mod or customization on this game.
Message 5 of 17 (3,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have noticed this too. Active lifestyles grey, in progress Lifestyles colored. I am pretty sure active lifestyles were also colored before, but I am not 100% sure.

Message 6 of 17 (3,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same problem.

In fact Active lifestyles are not washed-out-but-still-colored like Inactive lifestyles, they are completely greyed out like Hidden lifestyles.
(I had the lifestyles disabled in my game for a long time, enabled after recent patch, the problem is there).

Active and In progress should be fully colored.
Inactive - washed out.
Hidden - greyed out.

My sim has Indoorsy fully unlocked and Active.

lifestyles.jpg

Message 7 of 17 (3,821 Views)

Lifestyle Doesn’t Become Bright When Active

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has happened in several games now, where my Sim unlocks a lifestyle (this time it’s Workaholic and People Person) and they have active written underneath but are actually greyed out.

I’m playing on Mac with no mods or custom content. I have all packs.

Message 8 of 17 (3,639 Views)

Re: Lifestyle Doesn’t Become Bright When Active

Hero
@TiaAllyce23 I've merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (3,589 Views)

★ Guide

The issue is still here

Message 10 of 17 (3,360 Views)