[OPEN] SDX Child Hair flies away if zoomed in

by Mythikalstar

Original Post

Kid Hair Floating Away From Head

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: Cottage Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together Game: Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood Stuff: Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Kids Room, Free Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply the hair with the different colored roots on a child, with the black with purple roots colors. Then place it in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair doesn't sit on the head and floats randomly in space.
What do you expect to see? The hair should sit properly on the head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just adopted a new sim child and edited them in CAS. They went to go play on the jungle gym and I realized that while walking there and while playing, the hair was not sitting on the head and was floating freely in space. If I zoom in very close, it snaps back to the head, but then goes back away when I zoom out.

Message 11 of 16 (486 Views)

Re: Kid Hair Floating Away From Head

★ Novice

i also want to add on that i tried leaving and rejoining/restarting that game and it did not fix it :/

Message 12 of 16 (473 Views)

Issue with hair

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Werewolves, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip the hair indicated by the screenshot attached in CAS then leave CAS. It will more likely than not occur not long after leaving CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair lifts of the sims head and floats next to them or behind them.
What do you expect to see? That the hair sits on the head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I equipped the hair for a child sim right after they aged up and almost immediately after leaving CAS I encountered the issue. If you move the camera angle it may fix itself momentarily but as soon as you move the camera again it happens. I attached a screenshot of the hair that is the problem and also a screenshot of the bug. 

Message 13 of 16 (451 Views)

hair glitch

★★★ Newbie

hi, so i have a child with the basegame hair that's like 2 colors (from sims delivery) and everytime she walks she is bald and her hair is like floating next to her, can u please fix that 

Message 14 of 16 (403 Views)

Re: hair glitch

Hero
@giulia_sims_123 I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 16 (379 Views)

Re: [OPEN] SDX Child Hair flies away if zoomed in

★ Novice

The hair flies away from the child and jumps and stretches with every move 

Message 16 of 16 (343 Views)