by Mythikalstar

Original Post

[OPEN] SDX Child Hair flies away if zoomed in

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island living, Get famous, Seasons, Cats and dogs, City living, Get together, Get to work, Dream home decorator, Realm of magic, Parenthood, Dine out, Tiny living, Laundry day, Spooky stuff, Holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the new hair on a child sim and zoom out in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair flys away across the room and the child goes bald
What do you expect to see? My Childs hair to not fly away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The April 13th 2022 SDX drop

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, filled out from info given in the post.

Message 3 of 16 (3,051 Views)

New SDX hair glitch

★★★ Newbie

There is a visual glitch with the new hair from 4/13 Sims Delivery Express update. It's floating off the head of child aged Sims. When I zoom in closer, to jumps back on the Sim's head. Please see attached screenshot for the visual glitch I am experiencing. So far it has not happened with teen/adult aged Sims. 

Message 1 of 16 (3,112 Views)

Re: New SDX hair glitch

★★★★★ Guide

What were you two talking about, must have been a bad conversation. She flipped her wig.

Message 2 of 16 (3,089 Views)

Re: New SDX hair glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same bug. It happens random no matter what the child does or if I zoom in or out.

Message 4 of 16 (2,846 Views)

2 Toned Feminine Hair SDX April 2022 Child

★ Apprentice

I noticed the new 2 toned hairstyle worked great on my sim as a toddler but when I gave her the same hair as a child it doesn't stay on her head. It has a life of it's own and jumps around the house -- didn't want to have to change it because it's the only child hair that has that peach tone in it but it's rather disturbing. 

I have all packs (except Weddings), a few kits, and all updates downloaded. Wasn't an issue until she aged up and sometimes it stays on her head but it spends a lot of time like 2/3 tiles away moving as if it was on her. 

Message 5 of 16 (2,809 Views)

Re: 2 Toned Feminine Hair SDX April 2022 Child

Hero
@PunzieBlondie92 I merged your post with the bug report on this.
Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (2,780 Views)

New hairstyle floating next to sim

★★★★★ Guide

Very strange One of the Nishidake children was walking next to her hair, which is a new one, (dropped into game in last few days) with coloured roots! She was bald, hair was flying round next to her!  Think I'll avoid that stye for a while!  It's a pretty good style, I don't play many female sims, but can imagine this would be a problem if anyone else wants to use it! I tried without mods, but little Nishidake was still bald as a coot, with her hair haunting her!  :D. Thanks, hope you can help, Ged.  

Message 7 of 16 (2,651 Views)

Child Hair Floats off body

★★ Novice

This one child hair is not attached to said child when in live mode. Happens with and without mods/cc. Just this one hair.

SimBug

SimBug2

Message 8 of 16 (2,276 Views)

Re: Child Hair Floats off body

Hero
@Manda0042 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,234 Views)

Kid Hair Glitching Off Of Head

★ Novice

I started using the new hair with the different colored roots on my child sim and when I loaded it into the game, the hair was glitching out. It was pulling away from the head and floating far away. Is anyone else having this same issue or is it just me? i've attached some screenshots from my game...

Message 10 of 16 (2,076 Views)