by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

[OPEN] [SD] Unable to Lead Meditation Class for Cost

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, GT, GF, Seasons, IL, CandD, and CL. GPs: Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, DO, Spa, OR. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, moschino. Gift: Holiday, Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the BlueBoi Family from the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/52E977E4267111EC84797DB6A3FFB678?category=ho... Have the adult female sim go to a commercial lot and Lead a Meditation for cost.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the icon wellness timer finishes counting down to the start of the class the class does not start, it cancels and everyone leaves. The sim does not get paid.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim lead the guided meditation with the sims in the class and get paid when it is concluded just like when they lead a yoga class. And I expect the sim to gain wellness skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Spa Day Refresh includes this feature so presume it came with the refresh.

When sim leads a guided meditation after the icon finishes blinking the meditation doesn't start, instead every one gets up and leaves and the sim is not paid. She lead four different guided meditations, the first one showed up, the second no one showed up and the third and fourth times three sims showed up. The activity did not complete and the sim was not paid.

Conversely, the sim lead two yoga sessions and was paid for them.

The sim has level three wellness. Also, when the sim meditates she is not earning wellness skill.

SimWellness.png

This is a brand new family I created this week and I use it in my build world. That save is a mod free save. I created the family to test my lots, and then decided I liked the family and will play the family and try out the new aspirations from the Spa Day Refresh.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template and faulty formatting for readability

Message 1 of 18 (4,888 Views)

Re: Unable to Lead Meditation Class for Cost

★★★★ Guide

i have this bug too. why is this report not mentioned yet?

Message 2 of 18 (4,440 Views)

★★★ Novice

Looks like a script declines to work properly for some reason. Sometimes it goes as supposed to, but it happens about once every 10-15 attempts. Of course this is a headache, not a gameplay.

Message 3 of 18 (4,331 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @EmeraldLaura , @troshalom , @Ceremonsen ,

We would like to clarify as well as need confirmation from you guys. We heard that "Lead meditation" has free of cost but Host meditation is where sims get paid, so could you guys please confirm, which meditation is the one you all are seeing issues with?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 18 (4,265 Views)

★★★★ Guide

what i found out so far is it may depend on available space. While in the Park on a wide Lawn it works fine in my game and in the Spa it breaks up after gathering waiting time. There is enough space to practise tho...

Message 5 of 18 (4,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruRitzy!

Thanks for the response!
I have a problem with Host meditation.

I've recorded a video for better illustration of the problem:
https://youtu.be/lKZZ9kB1wjY

Sometimes it goes as supposed to, but more often like in the video.
No progression bar, no payment, and after a while they just give up, and leave.

Message 6 of 18 (4,231 Views)

EA Staff
@Ceremonsen
Hello!

Thank you for confirming. We will have this investigated.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 18 (4,195 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are there any updates on the subject?
Message 8 of 18 (4,061 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for all of the information sent about this issue.

The team is still investigating this issue. However, it will take some time.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 18 (4,036 Views)

★★ Novice

ny update? it is really frustrating and its been 2 weeks...

Message 10 of 18 (3,726 Views)