[FIXED] [SD] Sims can't take a mud bath or soaks in a shower/bath tub combo!

by elelunicy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SD] Sims can't take a mud bath or soaks in a shower/bath tub combo!

Hero

@elelunicy

could you edit the first post and include the bug template ?

This thread hasn't gotten a lot of attention so it might not be a great priority.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (2,082 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've included the bug template.

Message 12 of 37 (2,073 Views)

★★ Guide

It happens in my game too. I pointed it out to one of the gurus on twitter when I first became aware of it months ago. I think they said they'd look into it and then I never heard another word on it.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the animations involved or not. I rarely actually use those options on baths but I can't remember if Sims would be required to put their arms where the glass panels or curtains are on a shower/tub combo.

Message 13 of 37 (2,044 Views)

Hero

Added back 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 37 (2,025 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was sent to this report by Rosemow as they believe this may be an extension of the same issue.

I hadn't played for a couple of months and then returned when I got 'Parenthood' for Christmas. I'm unable to get them to use any of the combo tubs (it seems to be fine with the individual showers or baths), all they ever get is the choice to upgrade and this is persistent in new games created with newly created sims in different homes. I haven't had any mods or CC installed, purely Maxis packs and even a repair, factory reset and deleting every save didn't help. I'm working around it at the moment by only using showers or tubs but it's rather annoying.

Message 15 of 37 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BustyWench

you mean you can't take a shower/bath at all or any of them at all or concerning the mud bath or soaks ? 

If so, I will need you to make a separate thread. This is for the mud bath and soaks.

That said, it's not something I can duplicate in my game. Did you try a new save for testing purposes as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 37 (2,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don't have an option at combo tubs for anything other than upgrading them (or giving a child a bath - took a while to acquire a child for testing :D). And yes, I didn't think it was the same issue, I was just sent to report it on this post (https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/930173/cant-shower?).

I get the same result in any save game I care to make even after a factory reset.
Message 17 of 37 (1,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please make a new thread as it's not the same issue. Even if you were sent here, I need you to make a new thread.

I like to have separate threads for separate issues (except collection threads) as it easier to keep track of the issue. Also the bug template of the first post gives vital info that can help pin point the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 37 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Novice
It is now JANUARY 2018. This STILL isn't fixed. I can't even bathe my dogs. What the heck. EA, please. Come on, now.
All I can do is shower, which like is okay but dang I wanna bathe my sims and pets.
Message 19 of 37 (1,932 Views)

Hero

@batmanreptar

I can bath my pets just fine in the combos. This is about mud bath and soaks that's not working.

Are you sure you don't have a mod that could cause a conflict ? If you can only shower, that sounds like a mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 37 (1,921 Views)