Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [W] Trees / plants don't change color in Fall

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bust the Dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in or travel to Moonwood Mill during the Fall.
What happens when the bug occurs? During the Fall season, trees and plants do not change colors. This affects the trees on the lot and in the world. I'm not seeing leaves on the ground either. However, I did see at least one leaf pile.
What do you expect to see? Trees and plants should be changing colors during the Fall season in Moonwood Mill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is specific to the new world that came with Werewolves.

These are the steps I've taken since I noticed the issue. 

- Game repair

- Removed mods / deleted localthumbcache

- Had sims travel to different lots/worlds

- Moved TS4 folder to desktop and opened a new game with a clean folder.

I've attached my dxdiag.

I'm happy to share my clean folder game save, if that helps.

Here are a couple images that show the difference between Fall in Moonwood Mill and in Willow Creek in the same game with the clean TS4 folder.

Moonwood Mill - No color on the trees and no leaves visible on the sidewalk.

FallColorReportMM.png

Willow Creek - color on the trees and leaves visible on the sidewalk.

FallColorReportWC.png

PS  Why is Andre DaSilva so angry all the time?? :-)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 1 of 25 (5,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] [W] Trees / plants don't change color in Fall

Hero

Moonwood Mill trees and vegetation will reflect the changing of the seasons from luscious greens to golden browns and back again.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (2,056 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] [W] Trees / plants don't change color in Fall

★★ Guide

I have the same problem!

Message 2 of 25 (5,431 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also came to ask about this. Having the exact same issue and it's weird and really breaks immersion for me. Hope this will be fixed...

Message 3 of 25 (5,358 Views)

★★ Guide

Same problem here. Not to mention the awkward leaf decay in Evergreen Harbor where the trees at the end of fall don't fully get their leaves to fall off, so when there's snowy weather, only then do the trees and nature get their flowers/leaves removed... Until the snow melts away and it glitches back to the half-decayed state. It's like EA can't keep up with Seasons anymore.

Message 4 of 25 (5,325 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also, why is this report 3 weeks old and no one in the know has responded or acknowledged the issue? I checked with a friend who's also having this problem. And honestly, it really bothers me. Seasons add so much life to the world and when they're not working like they're supposed to it really ruins the experience for me, tbh. Might seem like a small thing for some, but... feels big to me.

Message 5 of 25 (5,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

(Delete.)

Message 6 of 25 (5,249 Views)

Hero
@T0RN_x Not sure what you mean ? This is the bug report for this issue.

EA doesn't comment on all threads.

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/m-p/6361... and this for more info on the bug forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991958/bugs-and-the-sims-101-everything-you-need-to-know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (5,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Status update:
The bug was not fixed with the patch 1.90.358.1030, 1.90.375.1030 and 1.91.186.1030. Frown

Message 8 of 25 (5,035 Views)

★ Pro

Played through the seasons in vanilla test game. The trees don't turn colors. The leaves don't fall. I did notice one leaf pile. 

Message 9 of 25 (4,467 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh look… another major bug that hasn’t been fixed. And yet they were quick to announce in the Summit today all the NEW things we get to throw our money at in 2023.
Trying to record a video of an autumn house I just built in Moonwood Mill, and now I have to move it to another world to record it because all the trees in MM are green on day 7 of Fall.
Message 10 of 25 (3,931 Views)