by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] [V] Ghosts & Vampire with Mist Form or Bat active cannot Skate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Vampires, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Spooky Stuff, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, My First Pet, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire with always move as mist or always move as bat toggled. Then, try to skate on an ice rink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims dawns skates, goes towards the center ice, turns around, and gets off the rink.
What do you expect to see? Either allow a vampire with "always move as mist" or "always move as a bat" toggled on to skate or provide notification that a vampire cannot skate in those modes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a skating rink inside my house and discovered that my vampires cannot skate unless they move like humans and not in either mist form or bat form.

Message 1 of 9 (3,945 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [S] [V] Vampire with Mist Form or Bat active cannot Skate

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,803 Views)

Supernatural sims cannot skate

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? Latest as of 9-10-18 (dmmyy). Cannot start my game right now (not the same computer)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make a vampire or ghost use ice or roller skate rink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Normal sims: Skating around as intended. Supernatural sims: Steps into the rink, puts on skates, skates to the center of rink and then immediately back to exit, and leaves rink.
What do you expect to see? Same behavior as normal sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No extra info needed.

Message 3 of 9 (3,757 Views)

Re: Supernatural sims cannot skate

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Beardedgeek72

merged your post with existing thread

If you turn off walk as mist/ fly as bat it should work.

The ghost could be different, have to try that. Guess it has something to do with the way they float.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,743 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you and ok. 

Message 5 of 9 (3,724 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've encountered this bug just recently. Just another OLD bug nobody bothers to fix. At least this one is harmless.

Message 6 of 9 (3,290 Views)

Skating Bug

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a rink and try to get the sim to skate
What happens when the bug occurs? they immediately leave the rink with out skating.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims enter the rink and begin skating in circles around the rink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Is anyone else having trouble with getting their Sims to skate? Mine will get on the rink pop up the wheels take 2 steps and leave the rink... even with autonomy off

Message 7 of 9 (3,296 Views)

Re: Skating Bug

Hero
@Dyrewitch Is your a Sim a Vampire and do you have fly as bat/mist on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (3,268 Views)

Re: Skating Bug

Hero
@Dyrewitch Is your Sim a Vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (3,242 Views)