Re: [OPEN] [S] Toddlers stretch when using umbrella

by Simmingal

Original Post

★★ Novice

I know this thread is an old thread.  But this is happening in my game right now. Has this never been fixed? It is really creepy looking. I don't know anything about tuning, so I can't fix it myself.

Message 11 of 23 (777 Views)

[Seasons] Toddler body stretches when carrying an umbrella

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together and Get to Work Game Packs: My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Stranger Ville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cook Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party Kits: Blooming Room, Incheon, Industrial Loft, Fashion Street, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Throwback
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Toddlers out in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler's body morphed out of shape and stretches
What do you expect to see? The shape of the body for a Toddler should not change if you have Umbrella made for Toddlers. It feels like their body stretches to accommodate for something that was not coded or designed specifically for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issues has been in the game since Seasons came out and the introduction of umbrellas.  I've overlooked this for the longest.  Yet, I decided to add it today because I added another issue with Toddler's bodies stretching in MWS.   Plus, it is disconcerting to see Toddlers morphing out of shape like this.   

Toddler Umbrella 1.JPG

Toddler Umbrella 2.JPG

Toddler Umbrella 3.JPG

Toddler Umbrella 4.JPG

Message 12 of 23 (726 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sadly, they have never fixed this issue.    

Message 13 of 23 (610 Views)

Champion

Also kind of annoying how sims can even get umbrellas without the umbrella stand I feel like it should be adjusted but yes definitely at least remove toddler umbrellas

Message 14 of 23 (590 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think the bug is that toddlers are having umbrellas in the first place, they don't have the animation to correspond with that action. Also, my toddlers never have the umbrella in their inventory, it just appears out of nowhere when they are outside in the rain.

Message 15 of 23 (545 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@vadish3825 No sims have their umbrella in their inventory.
Message 16 of 23 (530 Views)

Re: [Seasons] Toddler body stretches when carrying an umbrella

★ Guide

maybe it's because of the MC Command Center mod. when sims(Unplayed) always use that umbrella because of the MCCC mod. I've had the same. I've removed/moved the MCCC mod, then I tried repeating the new game and then when the sims(Unplayed) didn't use an umbrella.

Message 17 of 23 (497 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Lixisa17 I have this problem and I’ve never used mods or CC, and I repair the game before every update. OP also said that they’ve never used mods or CC.
Message 18 of 23 (483 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So babies carrying umbrellas are really thing in the game? I mean...by default?

It's not a glitch?

I noticed it playing yesterday, when a lot babies started appearing around the park and holding umbrellas with the bodies a little bit streched...

04-06-22_04-53-30.jpg

Message 19 of 23 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I ccant believe this isnt fixed yet just remove toddlers as a unbreller user or just fix animation

Message 20 of 23 (367 Views)