by Fizzstix

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Toddler Winterfest Tradition does not fulfill

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Must have toddler "talk to stranger" before asking for present... then have a toddler ask for present from Father Christmas. They go through the animations and toddler receives a present, but the tradition does not tick off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler gets a present chat bubble and FC gets a mean/shouting chat bubble.
What do you expect to see? For the toddler to receive a present and the holiday tradition to be ticked off. Toddlers aren't able to fulfill any of the winterfest holiday traditions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This occurrence still happens even when I am playing with no mods... 

I did have one strange instance happen, the toddlers father came over for a visit, and I noticed the father gave one of the toddlers a present, but then I got a notification the present was actually from father christmas. Here's a picture of the notification.

father winter toddler present.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (3,388 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Toddler Winterfest Tradition not fulfill

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,315 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Toddler Winterfest Tradition does not fulfill

★★ Guide

The exact same thing happened to me last night to the only toddler of the larger household I play. It was a very upsetting and cruel thing to happen to the poor little tyke. Frown

Message 3 of 9 (3,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The same happened to me just now. I don't have any mods or CC, and I haven't had any earlier either.

Message 4 of 9 (3,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Me as well, although my toddler had to ask 3x for a present before he was finally given one - and the Ask For Present task does not fulfill. His night is then ruined because he 'didn't get to do everything he wanted'. 

Message 5 of 9 (3,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Mine worked again with a just turned toddler that day - so had no skills really. I did notice it finally worked when no one else was talking to Father Winter or the toddler. But as another has said, I don’t believe the tradition was considered complete for the kid. 

Message 6 of 9 (3,113 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can never even get a present from Father Winter. What happens for me is that the toddler will ask for present and then a bubble will appear over Father Winter's head with the same symbol as the icon for the fussy or mean traits, and then nothing happens. No matter how many times I ask for a present, the same thing always happens. Every save I have has been like this for a while, and was happening before I installed any mods.

Message 7 of 9 (3,070 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Toddler Winterfest Tradition does not fulfill

★★★★★ Apprentice

i guess this is still happening? Father Winter gave my toddler a gift & it's in the household inventory but the tradition didn't fulfill. also, when my Sims put gifts under the tree they don't show and even though they can remove a gift pile, there is no option to open a gift. thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (2,729 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here! Father winter just sat on a chair and no matter how many times my toddlers asked for a present, he just stayed there doing absolutely nothing but showing the fussy symbol. Now he left and my toddlers had no gifts Frown

Message 9 of 9 (1,926 Views)