Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When already inside

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While a blizzard is going on, have a toddler ask to be fed in a high-chair that's inside the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? While the toddler is being picked up and placed into the highchair, they'll sometimes add the action "Run Inside" to their action queue, which will then prompt a caregiver to come over and take them out of the highchair, if not cancelled, which can interfere with them being given food or drink. The issue can happen multiple times, if the toddler is replaced into the chair during the blizzard.
What do you expect to see? The action to Run Inside should not get auto-queued on a Toddler that's being placed into a high-chair that's inside the house, or on any Sim that's already inside the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just to add, nowhere along the path to the highchair did the Toddler or the caregiver who was carrying them to the chair go outside, which is what made it kind of weird.

It doesn't always seem to happen, but it happened twice to my toddler before i managed to successfully cancel the queued action before it actually went through.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 34 (5,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

Hero

Toddlers who are inside during a blizzard and in a high chair no longer want to Run Inside, so their caretakers won’t take them out of the chair prematurely. You are safe little one; you are safe.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (2,379 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] Toddler Queues Action to Run Inside from Blizzard When Put In Highchair

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's two similar issues already reported

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddlers-call-caregiver-to-put-them-down-from-a-regular/m... and this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/td-p/68822... which also talks about the running inside interaction

Yours sounds a bit more specific but I might merge.

Also is the high chair always a factor or can it happen without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (5,286 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When Put In Highchair

★★★ Apprentice

This happens with thunderstorms to me too!

Message 3 of 34 (5,251 Views)

Hero
I've added this as separate for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (5,173 Views)

★★ Novice
Just had this happen 3x in a row in a Thunderstorm.

I also had a puddle appear *inside* the house and I'm not sure because I was watching another Sim, but based on the fact that she looked like she was getting up, I had one Sim fall down "in a mud puddle" while inside the house -- although in this case no puddle was visible.

At first I thought, because this is a 2nd gen of a Legacy and I don't always build a roof right away, that I might have left some "gaps" in the roof but I checked -- it's all there and solid and has been for quite some time.
Message 5 of 34 (5,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue with toddlers - if I try to have a Sim read a toddler to sleep during a thunderstorm, the toddler jumps out of bed to 'run inside'.  This happens every single time I do the 'read to sleep' during a thunderstorm (I had three nights in a row with thunderstorms).

Message 6 of 34 (5,035 Views)

Hero

Hi @invisiblgirl

I merged your post over to the toddler thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (5,027 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I have toddlers queue run inside from a thunderstorm when being put to bed, which are already inside walls and under roofs.  They will get up and run to the living room, sometimes more than once.  The first time was cute, the additional times not so much.  I had it happen in the high chair yesterday for the first time.  It would make more sense if they ran to their caregiver for comfort, similar to a nightmare, if they were going to run at all.  

Message 8 of 34 (5,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had toddlers run inside for the high chair during a blizzard. i also have had the parents continue to do an action over again several times or in a way ignore what i tell them to do. they have given the toddler a bath several times and continue to take the toddler out of the high chair even though the toddler needs to eat. it is starting to get annoying its as if the sims are glitching. also they take a while to follow through with the next command and instead keep repeating an action. Also when i click play with toddler, it glitches out and i just see the toddler on the ground and the grown up sim playing with nothing as if they have the toddler in the air and i only hear the sound effects that make sense but it isnt showing what its supposed to. same issue with training the toddlers too. the toddlers will accept to sit down and train their skills but then it will glitch and they will get back up and go about their business. this is very frustrating.

Message 9 of 34 (4,826 Views)

Hero

Hi @leeny123068

sounds like your toddlers are resetting. Does this only happen during a thunderstorm or generally  ? Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (4,807 Views)