Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Snow Angel indoor

by arominvahvenne

Original Post

Hero
Adding old thread as reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/m-p/68822...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 30 (1,891 Views)

★ Apprentice

So it's May of 2020 and I just had this issue for the first time.  My sims are not in San Myshuno, they are in Willlow Creek.  I built the house myself.  I've got no mods since I'm working on the 100 baby challenge.  I'm hoping it melts in the spring.  Move objects, reset object and set as head have not worked.  I was thinking the 'set as head' as a last resort might help but it didn't do anything.  

Message 21 of 30 (1,675 Views)

★★ Novice
@ardentaversion I am currently having the same issue for the first time, except my sim is in San Myshuno and just did it in an apartment I have recently renovated. No mod/cc, as I am working a vanilla challenge save currently. How odd it just happened out of nowhere.
Message 22 of 30 (1,638 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

This is in no way elegant solution but I got rid of the snow angel inside by building a wall on top of it and sledgehammering it away, the angel was causing routing issues and could not be moved in any other way. Dunno how to solve 'run inside' -problem during thunderstorms, I also have that sometimes and it's very annoying, especially when toddlers wake up to do that. They wake up enough as it is...

https://imgur.com/a/R88kDmu

Message 23 of 30 (1,557 Views)

Re: Snow in the House

★★ Pro
@RichB4U Many of the EA builds have issues. Yes, they broke their own stuff with their own updates/patches.

One thing that can cause snow inside is if the game doesn't recognize the interior space as a "room" (Inspector Clouseau voice); so, check the walls on Windenburg Manor to see if one or more are "standalone" walls (not connected up to make a "room") and, if so, you can fix it.

Unfortunately, I've replaced Windenburg Manor in my game, so I can't check it out for you.

Message 25 of 30 (3,562 Views)

★ Guide

not sure if this helps but i used to have the same problem with rain water entering the house. only to find out the roof of the house is missing.

the weird part is i remember having the roof over the top of the building but i dont know how it can go missing,

Message 26 of 30 (1,325 Views)

Hero
@RichB4U Is it only the snow angel pile of snow you have or do you also have snow covering the floors ?

Looks like you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Snow-Angel-indoor/td-p/8422903 but it depends if you have snow otherwise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (1,296 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RichB4U I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. My sim was making a snow angel indoors. But there wasn't snow lying on the floor - he just started making a snow angel out of nothing.
Message 28 of 30 (1,292 Views)

Hero
@ImKersha That would def be the issue linked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (1,272 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Snow Angel indoor

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone's still experiencing this issue could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 30 (1,137 Views)