[OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

by Adiik

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

★★★★ Pro
@siirysiir Sorry, I might've been unclear with my last sentence. I mean that they're supposed to wear cold weather wear indoors if it's freezing temperatures AND they don't have a thermostat. If they have a thermostat set to for example warm they should always change out of cold weather clothes when coming indoors, no matter what the temperature outside is.
Message 101 of 113 (792 Views)

★★ Pro
@SqueamishNerd ah alrighty, now I get it. I wish I could confirm this in-game but it's just not working.. Disappointed
Message 102 of 113 (772 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue with sims not removing cold weather clothing upon going indoors, even if there's a thermostat set to warmer. Also when I load my game even if they are in the house they will be wearing cold weather clothing.

Message 103 of 113 (769 Views)

Re: Sims not change winter clothes when come into house

★★★ Apprentice
@JSpaxcz Top up: Even after three years EA couldn't fix it, it's still the same! With the new addition of life in the moutains, in Japan, Sims can change their shoes but only in this location. Why they can't change clothes too, it's a mystery to me...
Message 104 of 113 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Adiik I didn't even know they were supposed to change out of those clothes when going back inside. I guess I have just always had this bug.
Message 105 of 113 (662 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having this issue. In my case the sims continue to wear their cold weather oufits when they come inside the house. I have to change back to their everyday outfits. Thermostat is on heat in the house and yet they won't change back into their normal clothing.It gets aggrevating having to change their outfits everytime they go back outside in the winter and come back inside.

Message 106 of 113 (524 Views)

★★ Pro

I actually wish we could toggle played sims (current active household) to not automatically change clothes to match weather/temperature. No need to put on the whole winter gear if you just pop outside to take out the trash... Because it's worse if they automatically change when going out but don't change back when coming in. 

Message 107 of 113 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Adiik Just adding my own experience here. For as long as I can remember Sims have had the ability to change into outerwear based on temperature when they leave the house but for some reason they won't change into everyday when they enter indoor spaces. This has been a bug for years.
Message 108 of 113 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My sims would usually change their clothes appropriately, into cold weather while outside and then back to everyday when back inside and the thermostat was set to warm, but ever since the most recent patch the sims will not change their clothes for the temperature. Frown So sad this broke for me for some reason! I even tried in a new save, with no mods!

Message 109 of 113 (372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, still experiencing this in 2023.

Message 110 of 113 (253 Views)