[OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

by Adiik

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

★★★ Novice

I've asked myself the same question many times. I remember a table in the Movie expansion pack that wouldn't show a pattern correctly, and I think it took them years to fix that bug - if they ever did.

I don't play with mods and it happens to me. So, I thought maybe my Sims kept their coats on because it was cold inside the house and I forgot to set the thermostat, but that has nothing to do with it. If I take them to an outside lot and they wear party clothes, they won't change into their winter clothes while outside. They'll shiver and freeze to death outside the restaurant unless I tell them to put on their outdoor clothing. The other sims that I have no control over wear their party clothes outside and also freeze to death on these lots. They really need to do something about fixing that. I wonder if it has anything to do with how  you can make outdoor outfits your main outfits.

Message 41 of 113 (3,789 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having issues with this as well still. Anything figured out with it yet?

Message 42 of 113 (3,755 Views)

★ Guide

I also have a problem with this. I've had to turn off temperature effects. I can change my household Sims into appropriate clothing before leaving the house, and then they switch to everyday clothes before leaving for work or school. About half the NPC Sims wear appropriate clothing and half don't. If we travel somewhere outdoors, I have to manually make my Sims change clothes and again, a lot of NPCs are in inappropriate clothing for the temperature.

Message 43 of 113 (3,722 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@wobibobi wrote:

I'm having this bug, but only with NPCS. Almost all NPCS in winter, anyway, are walking around in that Icey Blue coloured skin they get from being very cold, wearing athletic wear, normal wear, etc. Only one or two NPCS have been seen with cold weather outfits.

I've lost the same NPCs in every game I've opened and it seems to be happening in Willow Creek. It also takes forever for them to turn to tombstones.   

Message 44 of 113 (3,703 Views)

EA Sims Team

For anyone still encountering this (without mods), some questions:

• Are you seeing NPC's with this issue, your own active Sim, or both?
  • Which worlds are you seeing this issue in?
  • Which seasons are you seeing this issue in?
  • Which lot types are you seeing this in?  (Home lot, Nightclub, Gym, Park, etc)
  • Is there an event occurring when this happens?  (Party, Date, Festival, etc)

Note: If you change the outfit of your active Sim manually, it is by design that the Sim does not automatically change outfit the next time the Sim goes outdoors/indoors.  If the Sim never automatically changes some time after that though, it is an issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 113 (3,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After the latest patch my sims won't even change into their everyday outfit before going to school anymore... now they just go in their pjs if I don't change it, and they never put on weather appropriate clothing either. Very frustrating. 

Message 46 of 113 (3,559 Views)

Hero
Sounds different than this issue. They don't change into weather outfits when going to work (there's a thread for that somewhere but that's not a bug).

Going to work in their PJs, seems strange though

Are you using mods/cc in your game ? Could you try repairing your game ?

If it persist, please make a new thread (there are several similar ones floating around but I'm unsure atm if we have this current one so please also check the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 113 (3,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

**updated** For the record, I don't use mods.

• Are you seeing NPC's with this issue, your own active Sim, or both? Both
  • Which worlds are you seeing this issue in? All worlds that can have fall, winter and spring.
  • Which seasons are you seeing this issue in? Winter mostly. Summer sometimes. In spring, I know you have to manually change them into their rain coats because it's an everyday outfit so that doesn't count - although it would be nice to make that a separate outfit from the everyday. I haven't played much in fall but the issue is mainly the sim changing into their winter coat or summer outfit. My sims get overheated or they turn blue from cold since they don't automatically change into the correct gear. The NPCs are the worst. They are all running around looking blue or red and dying from exposure.
  • Which lot types are you seeing this in?  (Home lot, Nightclub, Gym, Park, etc) I mostly play my home lot while I'm building my sim up, but it's everywhere. It doesn't matter what lot type it is. When I take my Sims to the gym, they change into their athletic gear. When they leave the gym, they change into their regular clothing but sometimes into their outside gear. It's very iffy. Like you're taking a chance on what they'll do and when they'll do it. However, no matter what, as soon as they get home, they stay bundled up in their winter coats. It's not as big a deal if they stay in their summer clothes but it's annoying that they won't get out of their winter coats.
  • Is there an event occurring when this happens?  (Party, Date, Festival, etc) Not all the time. They do this all the time whether there's an event or not. I try not to stay outside for too long while playing the game because I'm tired of the NPCs dying.

Message 48 of 113 (3,535 Views)

Hero
Are you using any mods/cc in your game or is this on a vanilla game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 113 (3,525 Views)

★★★ Guide
I will test later today with no mods or cc (I currently have MCCC and UI Cheats) - my active sims go to work (painter and criminal) then stay in their "work clothes" which in this case is everyday wear and fail to come in when they get home, which in turn gives me the "freezing" notification. Also my children (active) come home from school and do not change from their winter gear - all this is in NewCrest, on my home lot, no events occurring : I was also seeing this in Willow Creek which is why I moved to check out a new lot. Both of these are on a lot I built, though I have checked to make sure the rooms are enclosed, thermostats are on etc.
Message 50 of 113 (3,463 Views)