Re: Sims not change winter clothes when come into house

by PenguinFoop

Original Post

Re: Sims not change winter clothes when come into house

★ Guide

@troshalom wrote:

It looks like the patches for EL and Knitting undid every major fix that was done in this game. Because things that were fixed are now broken again, and Issues I never had are cropping up from the past.

This can actually be a good thing.  Because it can narrow down the root of the issue so it can be solved. 

I hope they get them fixed quick but I'm sure there are thousands of errors in millions of lines of code.  I speak from a certain level of experience in this.  It's really a very daunting task so I'm hopeful and empathetic toward them.  

Message 71 of 113 (1,084 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

★ Guide

Hi, I'm digging that one but I was looking if somebody had experienced the same issue and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that mostly every player had it or is still experiencing it 🤷🏻‍♀️. So yes, just adding to the fact that my households aren't changing in their winter outfits when they go out (mostly winter, didn't notice that in summer, it seems to be all right), I disabled weather effect on them so I don't have any issue with them freezing their * to death. So before they leave, I have to change them manually but it really gets on my nerves, they're supposed to do it automatically, sometimes you don't think about this. Anyway, it seems only to happen with my Sims, I've noticed NPCs are dressed properly when they're outside, so I don't know, I guess a year in and it still hasn't been fixed. I never had the issue before but I think the very last update in December made it happen, can't tell. I do play with mods but as I scrolled over the thread, it's obviously not the issue. 

Hope this will be fixed one day! 

Message 72 of 113 (1,023 Views)

★ Guide

yes! They walk around the house inside in winter clothes, even when I have the thermometer going! So irritating.

Message 73 of 113 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same for my game. Sims stay in outerwear during the cold seasons and summer attire in warm seasons, 24/7. Except when I tell them to jog... they change into jogging outfits and then back into the respective seasonal attire. and they stay that way in the house

Message 74 of 113 (932 Views)

ALL my sims are BURNING TO DEATH!!!!

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in the summer season in a heat wave.
What happens when the bug occurs? When there is a heat wave ALL my sims outside burn to death one after another. For some reason they change into everyday outfits or winter outfits when they should be wearing summer outfits. This is happenning to my own household and visitors! Everytime i try to start the game they all start to burn. I keep having to quit without saving just to save them!
What do you expect to see? I expect them not to all die at once. Im not sure why EVERYONE is wearing something other than their summer outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I tried with and without mods installed.

Message 75 of 113 (1,141 Views)

Re: ALL my sims are BURNING TO DEATH!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

If you have MC Command Center you can pause the game and use MC Dresser to change everyone's outfit to hot weather before unpausing.

If you don't, pause your game and queue up change outfit for every one of your Sims.  Then queue up them going to each visitor to ask to see their hot weather or swim outfit.  THEN unpause.

Which doesn't address WHY that happens, precisely;  I've been playing a Sim who lives in a tent in Oasis Springs and she usually seems to choose her outfits wisely unless I do something like have a party (oy, but her aspiration required it).  So I don't know why this is happening to you and not me.  Frown  Sims do often make poor choices to keep you on your toes Wink but  terrible choice in hot or cold weather wear seems more likely with rotational play, in my experience.

Message 76 of 113 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KhaliRai There's an similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-NPC-Sims-wear-random-cold-hot-weather-outfits-not/td...but that is usually for specific situations

Does it only happen in summer or do you also have issues in winter ?

Them wearing winter outfits in summer does sound very wrong though. Did you delete your localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

What kinds of mods are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 113 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Hm... Well there was actually a
Keg party going on at the time. And i did try the outfit trick while paused but oddly enough when i would pause, the game would unpause itself to telle another sim was burning to death or had died. It was the weirdest thing! I tried to restart that household a few times before giving up.
Message 78 of 113 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I haven't experienced that in the winter only summer so far. I am thinking they had changed to partywear because i did have a party going on! So because i decided to have a party outside in the summer i guess that means all my sims have to die. 😰😩
Message 79 of 113 (1,038 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If all else fails you can "roll back" a save, before the party.  Frown

Yeah, my "house party" in Oasis Springs in summer was pretty fail-y, only I managed to MC Dresser them all into more appropriate clothes and save them all, so they did survive.

Message 80 of 113 (1,024 Views)