Re: Sims not changing into Winter Wear during Winter and Freezing to Death

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather

★★★ Guide

I tested the game with no mods or cc in the mods folder and still find the same issue, though my sims YA/A/Teens change when told to do something that requires it (bathing/sleeping/etc) and they change into winter/outdoor gear when going outside, they fail to change into everyday/indoor gear when coming back inside.  This is true for going to school or coming home from work also.  I have included a save file (saved at a few different points). 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LDqun7SPUAlDYo2ZF7eoyVQAm6afTXM9

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kLVa93jmqYKYmwUqKGykkxrh7hsk_ovO

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qWdVcTaQh5S3Gbcl4b3cMUnCXz5vz22r

Message 51 of 113 (1,931 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather

★★★ Novice

Strange. I never received an email a month ago saying you responded to me. Sorry about that.

I don't use mods. Never have.

Message 52 of 113 (1,915 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

★ Apprentice

This is definitely still happening. It is rarely a problem for normal day to day activities, but parties of any sort or anything athletic is a problem. It is also ridiculous. In real life people only die from cold in extreme circumstances, such as living on the street during a particularly harsh winter, or power failures during a particularly harsh winter. When they are cold, they do not simply stay there until dead. They find shelter, go home, go inside. 

Basically cannot have any winter parties. 

Message 53 of 113 (1,840 Views)

★ Apprentice
"Me too"ed because they don't change going indoors and sometimes even automatically change into cold-weather clothes while getting out of the shower, but I haven't had the problem with sims not changing to go outdoors.
Message 54 of 113 (1,741 Views)

Sims not changing into Winter Wear during Winter and Freezing to Death

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, GP, and SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim travel to a lot that has winter weather during winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? 100%
What do you expect to see? Sims not changing into Winter Wear during Winter and Freezing to Death
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Realm of Magic release.

This happened on two different playthroughs after the Realm of Magic release, I sent my SIMs to the City Living festivals during winter and the Magnolia Park. One festival was on their own and another time my SIM was invited. Each winter visit, Sulani Natives arrived in their swimsuits and would not change into winter wear. Any SIMs who changed into athletic wear would not change into winter wear. The Sulani SIMs and any who changed out of winterwear would turn blue and there were a few deaths due to freezing. Funny thing, most of my deaths happened during the Spice Festival. I even tried to use Inferniate to warm a sim up. Father Winter did not like being set on fire. Yes, I almost lost Father Winter due to freezing to death during the Spice Festival. I didn't save the file as it was and went back to before going to the festival to keep the SIMs alive.

Message 55 of 113 (1,712 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims not changing into Winter Wear during Winter and Freezing to Death

Hero
@Cheshyr1 Merged your post with existing thread.

Thanks for the new report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 113 (1,688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also have this problem. It’s annoying because I always have to check the thermometer down in the panel, just to be sure that they wear the proper clothes.

I’ve also been thinking of how odd it is that when I make them wear the EXACT same outfit for everyday wear and for hot or cold weather they still get too warm or cold in their everyday wear. This is annoying because then I don’t know which outfit they’re wearing just by looking at them, and for some sims I really want them to have the same outfit for everyday wear (or whichever kind of wear) as for hot or cold weather. For example I have someone living on Sulani, and for me it makes sense that they wear the same outfit for everyday as for hot weather. Maybe that’s just me.

Message 57 of 113 (1,664 Views)

sims don't change back to normal outfit

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go outside with the sim and then back inside when it's cold
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim changes to winter outfit when going outside but doesn't change back into normal when going back inside
What do you expect to see? The sim to change back into their normal outfit when going back inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sims go outside when it's cold, they change into their winter outfits. But then when they go back inside, they don't change back into normal outfit... 

This is very annoying

Message 58 of 113 (1,539 Views)

Re: sims don't change back to normal outfit

★ Apprentice

I have same issue and worse: half the time my sims won't even change to winter clothes when going out on a freezing weather. It also affects every sim on the neighborhood and/or in community lots. During winter time they don't change to winter clothes and some have frozen to death because of that. The same issue is also with summer clothes and sims get over-heated outdoors during summer.

I too have all packs and latest game version and this issue for me has been going on for couple of months. The issue doesn't change do I have mods or not.

Message 59 of 113 (1,517 Views)

Re: sims don't change back to normal outfit

Hero
@Kimo0wW Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 113 (1,496 Views)