Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them except few Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just send your Sim in the winter or summer out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't change into cold weather/hot weather outfits when they leave the house. If I change it automatically, then they won't change back into their regular clothes when they come back home.
What do you expect to see? Sims changing their clothes according the weather outside when they are outside and changing back when they come home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I mean, Seasons patch.

Hey guys, so I can't find any topic here, nobody from SimGurus replied and it makes the game pretty much unplayable..

My Sims only change to appropriate outfits in 1 of 10 cases. Let's say it's freezing and I tell them to build a snowpal, they won't change into winter outfit and if I change it manually, when they come back home, they stay in their winter clothes. The same thing with summer. They only change to appropriate outfit when it's autonomous action and only when they're going out. I've seen this issue with other Game Changers, even on official livestream.

Look, it's okay if you're playing with one Sim but try it with 8! It's like Hunger Games, someone is going to die pretty soon.

There is more: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942446/cold-weather-clothing-indoors/

Message 1 of 113 (24,312 Views)

Re: Sims won't change clothes according weather

★★★ Apprentice
Everything you just said has happened to mine too!

And plus every since the patch we got before we got the patch with the new glass roof, my Sims will just stand outside their house when they come home from work, even when they are starving, sleepy or need to go to the bathroom, they just stand there! So now I have to worry that during cold weather they will just stand out there and freeze to death or during hot weather just burn up!

I too was playing with a household of 8, 6 humans and two pets, and had to choose to move two of the humans out so I would have less people to play with!

I mean it's hard enough having to check on them all the time without weather, but with weather its super annoying! And I have them with free will turned on too!
Message 2 of 113 (24,179 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather

Hero

HI @Adiik

does your issue apply to NPCs or just active Sims ?

I've seen them not change when they get back inside (as reported on the forums as well) but since there have been a lot less active Sims clothing change for a while now, that could be the same.

They should however always change when going outside as far as I understand it. I haven't seen them not do it in my own game but I didn't get as much play time as I wanted.

If you could add some video links to your post, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 113 (24,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict.

This only applies to active Sims from what I've seen. The thing is, when NPC comes to your lot, they are already in their winter clothes and they stay in it whenever they go inside and back outside. 

I tested it for a while in my game. I tried different saves, new save, changing seasons/weather with weather machine or keep it natural. Still the same result.

Also I recorded it. First I'm showing mods are off, it's freezing outside and my Sims are wearing regular clothes. Only that kid changed into winter clothes when I told them to go outside. I also tried to show some autonomus actions because that's when they mostly change into winter clothing (you can only see that with the toddler, my bad). When I used interaction "Build a snowpal with..." Sims changed twice out of three times. At the very end (I know it's longer video, sorry 😄) there is a blizzard outside but once again, none of my Sims changed and they started freezing immediately.

There are other Simmer experiencing exactly the same issue: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16571324

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942902/sims-4-seasons-glitches-so-far

Message 4 of 113 (24,103 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this bug, but only with NPCS. Almost all NPCS in winter, anyway, are walking around in that Icey Blue coloured skin they get from being very cold, wearing athletic wear, normal wear, etc. Only one or two NPCS have been seen with cold weather outfits.

Message 5 of 113 (24,085 Views)

Hero
Yeah, I've got to witness issues yesterday too. It seems a total hit or miss.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 113 (24,059 Views)

Sims not change winter clothes when come into house

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the playing
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in the winter clothes enter the house and walks all the time around the house in the winter clothes until they go sleep or bathe. (Even if from the clothes dripping water)
What do you expect to see? They should automatically change winter clothes right at the door into the usual clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thanks for repair.

Message 7 of 113 (24,053 Views)

Re: Sims not change winter clothes when come into house

Hero

Hi @JSpaxcz

just to be sure, this only happens in winter for you, right ?

Do you have a thermostat ?

Did merge with existing save which has both issues (going outside no cloth change and same when going back inside)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 113 (24,046 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They do not change clothes of all weather, but in the winter clothes is most irritating to see them walk in the house in the winter cap, gloves and ski goggles and doing the everydays things, you know...

I put there thermostat.

When they come out of the house, so they change their clothes properly.

Message 9 of 113 (23,959 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 113 (23,877 Views)