Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims won't change clothes according weather/coming into home

by bae281995

Original Post

Re: ALL my sims are BURNING TO DEATH!!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KhaliRai Then I'd say your issue is the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-NPC-Sims-wear-random-cold-hot-weather-outfits-not/td... although I'm still confused why they would switch into outdoor wear in summer for that.

Are you sure they were winter outfits and not just the same clothing for the party ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 113 (1,112 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@KhaliRai You could try turning off temperature effects and see if that helps. It's best to make the change before you load your household.

1. Load save but do not load a household

2. Go to Game Options/Weather and remove the checkmark for Enable Temperature Effects On Sims

3. Click the Apply Changes button

4. Close the options panel

5. Load your household and see what happens

Message 82 of 113 (1,094 Views)

Hero
@KhaliRai Are you sure they were winter outfits and not just the same clothing for the party ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 113 (986 Views)

★★★ Novice

So, it's 3 years later and I am having a similar issue. My sims do change into their weather related clothing when going outside except when jogging. My problem is that when they return and go back inside they will stay in whatever weather related gear they changed into until I make them change.

I said except when jogging. When jogging they will change into fitness clothing and then they freeze to near death in winter.

I realize that program is a hard thing to do. Lord knows, I've tried programming and am not good at it, but this makes for a very strange and frustrating experience when playing.

Message 84 of 113 (973 Views)

★★ Guide

This is a problem of mine in Outdoor Retreat when my Sim goes out camping with NPC friends. They don't change into hot weather outfit when there was a heatwave in Granite Falls. So I had to either tell the NPCs to show their warm weather outfit or I just had to add them to my household for a while just to control them. 

Message 85 of 113 (916 Views)

The Sims 4 - Warm clothes

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, Pets, City Life, Seasons, Vampires, Soa Day, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won’t change outfit in Winter
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims almost died due to freeze. When they go out of the house, they won’t change clothes (there is no problems with PJs)
What do you expect to see? Changing warm clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Spoiler
file

Message 86 of 113 (845 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Warm clothes

Hero
@Ljusy Do they not change automatically or also not if you tell them to ?

Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 113 (809 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Warm clothes

★★★★★ Novice

Thank You for response Standard smile They change if i tell them. Can there be a problem with ceiling or so ? Cause i have to admit i am not an experienced builder 

Message 88 of 113 (804 Views)

★ Novice

I have also experienced this issue. It’s so annoying. It’s every outfit for me. First thought it was just the cold weather outfit that was the issue and then discovered it’s the same for when they use gym equipment too! They will just casually strut their stuff in their gym gear or cold weather outfit 24/7 and forget that they own everyday clothes. 

Message 89 of 113 (815 Views)

The Sims 4 - Warm Clothes Inside

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Standard smile Is anyone having issues with Sims going inside the house and staying in winter clothes ? My termostat is on and i have several fireplaces as well. It´s very annoying, thank You very much for advices. 

Message 90 of 113 (829 Views)