by allykatz77

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Sims using umbrella inside when raining outside

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When it is raining outside, look inside any building where there are sims and see if it is happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bartender was holding an open umbrella when he was behind the bar in Planet HoneyPop during the Geek Con Festival, as it was raining outside.
What do you expect to see? No one holding an umbrella inside a building when it is raining outside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch on 6/18/19

I will attach the following screenshot of the bartender in question, it was Don Lothario.    https://i.imgur.com/7tRH883.png 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (3,331 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Bartender using umbrella inside when raining outside

Hero
@allykatz77 Did you change anything about the building ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,267 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did not, it is the same one that I had uploaded from the gallery long long while back.  I use it in all of my games and have never had any issues before with it. 

Message 3 of 11 (3,237 Views)

Hero
@allykatz77 Does it happen every time you are there when it rains or was it only that one time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (3,234 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It was only the one time, but it has not rained yet where I could see it happening again.  

Message 5 of 11 (3,226 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (3,213 Views)

Sims holding umbrellas inside

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a thunderstorm going on outside and have witches in your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims may hold umbrellas inside. Usually they keep it on after coming inside from the rain.
What do you expect to see? Sims putting their umbrellas out after coming in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a household of three witches. They started holding their umbrellas inside after a thunderstorm struck. To be precise they don't put their umbrellas out after coming inside.

Here's link to save:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FC93XqKvwBrv5e-HzXOdehWSO-q6i5gt?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 11 (3,145 Views)

Re: Sims holding umbrellas inside

★ Guide
I've also done the cleaning steps after removing my mods that are recommended (repairing game, remove cache etc)
Message 8 of 11 (3,136 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sozki I've seen that happen before. Them holding their hand out but not the umbrella. The animation gets glitched on rare occasions. You can resolve it a few ways. The easiest is to instruct them to take out the umbrella and then put it away again. If that doesn't work, a ui cheats sim reset would do it also.

If it only happens for certain sims in a certain house, you may want to make sure all your ceilings are intact.
Message 9 of 11 (3,121 Views)

Hero
@Sozki Merged this with similar report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (3,045 Views)