Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sims mopping outside during rainstorms

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a maid and watch them while it's raining and there are puddles outside (usually near a garden with sprinklers)
What happens when the bug occurs? The maid starts mopping up puddles. Unfortunately, those puddles return while she's still mopping.
What do you expect to see? Maids not mopping puddles outdoors while it's raining.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons.

This isn't a Mod issue, it's an AI issue.  I have free services, so I don't care how long they stay, others however may get very large bills from maids mopping outdoors while it's raining all day.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 37 (8,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims mopping outside during rainstorms

Hero

Ever heard that saying “it is as useless as plowing the sea?” What? Is that a Venezuelan saying only? Well, those Maids that were mopping puddles while in a thunderstorm? That’s a thing in the past… the immediate past… yes.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (4,193 Views)

All Replies

Re: Maids mopping outside during rainstorms.

★★★★★ Novice

I think any Sims (it's not just the maids) attempting to mop up puddles outdoors during thunderstorms is a general AI issue that bears looking into.

Message 2 of 37 (8,279 Views)

Hero

Could you check if the maid has the neat trait ? Does it happen with every maid you hire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 37 (8,267 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes she does have the neat trait, I can remove it and replace it with another trait and see if it happens next time she cleans while it's raining and there are puddles outside.

Message 4 of 37 (8,255 Views)

Hero
I'm guessing it has to do with the neat trait so, yeah, that would be useful testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 37 (8,250 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Maids mopping outside during rainstorms

★★★ Apprentice

In my game, it's not just maids that do this interaction, but the Sims of my current household as well. It may be a general AI issue, probably something with the latest patch.

Message 6 of 37 (8,240 Views)

Hero
Do they have the neat trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (8,229 Views)

Champion
I had a sim mopping the ground outside during a storm. She doesn't have the neat trait, but the puddle was on a concrete path, not on bare grass. So maybe they counted it as a floor to mop?
Message 8 of 37 (8,202 Views)

Hero
Added this as needs input to see if others see this and with what kind of Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 37 (8,153 Views)

★ Guide

I have had a sim child with the slob trait go mop a puddle outside under the snow. Many sims do this so it is not just sims with the Neat trait.

Message 10 of 37 (8,110 Views)