[FIXED] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ditto on the vampire. While I agree that they should use it during the day if the sun is hurting them, if they are sun immune then why are they still using it? 

Message 11 of 42 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been driving me crazy... I queued up some collecting actions for a sim yesterday and it took her a ridiculous amount of time to walk across a small lot because she was opening and closing her umbrella with literally every step. Considering that it rains so, SO much, this eats up a lot of time!

Message 12 of 42 (1,969 Views)

Svar: [OPEN] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★★★ Apprentice
This happens in my game too, and I have no cc or mods. It's irritating.
Message 13 of 42 (1,908 Views)

★ Guide

Still happening, and it does seem to be random.

Message 14 of 42 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This is still happening with the Get Famous patch.

When I was playing yesterday and directed one of my Sims to go home after doing some collecting, it seemed like she'd walk about two or three steps, then open her umbrella, and then close it again. It was just a light rain too. I didn't think she was ever going to get back to the house, because of all the stopping and starting with the umbrella opening and closing routine she was doing.

Message 15 of 42 (1,797 Views)

★★ Novice

Still happening as of latest patch. All expansions and packs except first pet stuff. Happens to my vampire during the day with full sun immunity. 

Message 16 of 42 (1,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I didn't realize this issue has been long time. Now my vamp sim is putting on his umbrella in the basement inside his house because I got seasons just a week ago. haha.. Will it be fixed if I buy an umbrella rack?

Message 17 of 42 (1,677 Views)

Hero

Hi @aodoherty

this issue is about open/closing all the time while they walk. Is that what you're seeing ? Or the issue where Sims use the umbrella inside (that's supposed to be fixed but could still be an issue if there's gaps or maybe as you say it's underground for a Vampire, it's the same issue we had for Vampires with the sun underground ?

If it's the later, it would be good if you could create a new thread for Vampires using the umbrella inside/underground. Please test if they just do it underground or also in other parts of the house.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 42 (1,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Oh sorry for the late reply. So far, I have 2 vamp sims, One is in active family and the other one is currently inactive. Both of them have the sun immune power.

I saw inactive one is still using umbrella under the sunlight but it doesn't look like for protecting from sunshine. He just randomly use it around most of the community lots. So most of the time, he doesn't use it with sunshine but he uses really randomly. Even I can't guess when he will use it or not while in inactive.

One of my active family, he usually doesn't use it inside of his home. But I noticed he uses it when I activated him.

Currently, I'm playing 3 families in rotation. So they use umbrella randomly while they are inactive. When I activate these vamp sims, they use it inside their house at the beginning. After one or 2 days. they stop using it.

I have another family and they are all human sims. They had the similar issue while in inactive but they are ok now after buying an umbrella rack at home when i was with them. I let them put the default umbrellas and picked the ones inside of the rack, then they never have the issue until now. 

Message 19 of 42 (1,638 Views)

Hero
Think it's best if you use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Sun-Resistant-Vampires-Using-Umbrellas/m-p/6952309#M697...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 42 (1,630 Views)