by tcikes

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★★ Pro
Thank you so much Standard smile
Message 21 of 42 (2,466 Views)

★★ Guide
Noticed that when my sim was constantly opening and closing his umbrella the "umbrella action" was not in his queue.

I was able to pause the game when he had his umbrella up and clicked on him, there was an option called "close Umbrella".
afterward, he continued to his destination without the umbrella
Message 22 of 42 (2,452 Views)

★ Guide
I had the same thing happen. I think probably since umbrellas came out in the seasons expansion. The entire umbrella function needs an overhaul. So many bugs associated with them.

If I had more time i'd make a bunch of videos showing them, but most are already mentioned in the various bug topics in this forum.
Message 23 of 42 (2,441 Views)

★ Guide

I usually take the umbrellas away from my sims because they are so glitchy but they seem to get them back if you rotate so my sim had his umbrella back and left a venue in the rain and would walk a couple steps with the umbrella and then stop to close the umbrella and this went on and on to the point where me and my daughter were laughing so much! Granted,not funny when it happens a lot and takes sims so long to get anywhere or do anything outside. My sims have also had the hand still holding the umbrella animation (but no visible umbrella) when they went inside.

Message 24 of 42 (2,431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Adding my input to this. I also have this issue. If it's raining, it will take a Sim an extraordinarily long time to walk from one place to another outside because they constantly open/close their umbrella as they walk. 

Message 25 of 42 (2,387 Views)

★★★ Guide

Adding my video about the umbrella rain dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVYE1tqigVg

Message 26 of 42 (2,340 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, this bug is quite annoying. To me it only happened in Selvadorada so far - maybe it's because it's where I had sims walk the longest distances. It takes forever to get from point A to point B.

Message 27 of 42 (2,328 Views)

★ Guide

It's infuriating. Is there a way to have certain raincoats that fill the umbrella requirement, since the outfits do show up in CAS? My gardening Sims who have not reached enough Gardening skill to do the Supersell invariably end up with the stuck umbrella interaction, and if I reset them, they end up with the bad moodlet from soaked clothing.

Message 28 of 42 (2,304 Views)

Re: Sudden "Reset" Occurring on Public Lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I got a little reset recently at a restaurant which I think made this lastException file (copy/pasting below). Perhaps something useful in it? IDK

-------------------------------------------

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a9516e1b43f781e15c6a06ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-02-17 20:36:03</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.49.65.1020-1.200.000.379.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>posture.py:1971</categoryid><desyncid>a9516e1b43f781e15c6a06ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (RuntimeError: Posture Exit(posture_CarryNothing:2068) called multiple times without a paired entry. Sim: )&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 1983, in _do_end&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 1971, in get_end&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: Posture Exit(posture_CarryNothing:2068) called multiple times without a paired entry. Sim: &#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a9516e1b43f781e15c6a06ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-02-17 20:40:30</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.49.65.1020-1.200.000.379.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>posture.py:1971</categoryid><desyncid>a9516e1b43f781e15c6a06ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (RuntimeError: Posture Exit(posture_CarryNothing:2158) called multiple times without a paired entry. Sim: )&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 1983, in _do_end&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 1971, in get_end&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: Posture Exit(posture_CarryNothing:2158) called multiple times without a paired entry. Sim: &#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 29 of 42 (2,303 Views)

Re: Sudden "Reset" Occurring on Public Lots

Hero

@bookmaster325 

seems yours are related to the umbrella issue,

Moved your post over to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 42 (2,280 Views)