Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except First Pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim walk a long distance in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I tell a sim to perform and action that is a distance away from where they are and it is raining, instead of walking smoothly they will open and close the umbrella throughout the entire distance. It takes FOREVER. I have had this happen to adult male or female sims, as well as children. The worst was an adult with low needs in Selvadorado who was doing this the entire way back to camp.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to open the umbrella once and just walk under it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except First Pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim walk a long distance in the rain.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I tell a sim to perform and action that is a distance away from where they are and it is raining, instead of walking smoothly they will open and close the umbrella throughout the entire distance. It takes FOREVER. I have had this happen to adult male or female sims, as well as children. The worst was an adult with low needs in Selvadorado who was doing this the entire way back to camp.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to open the umbrella once and just walk under it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a recorded video of this happening to a child sim I will try to attach.

Message 1 of 42 (9,374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Umbrellas when sims walk

Hero

Sims will no longer obsessively open and close their umbrellas while walking to chat with another Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 42 (7,442 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★★★ Guide
Message 2 of 42 (9,285 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't know why the upload to Google drive doesn't seem to play. I tried One Drive as well. If this doesn't work I don't know how to get the video to you.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsGtSZZiGsZZjDyiG4_rD7vXRr75

Message 3 of 42 (9,270 Views)

Hero
It works fine if you download it first.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (9,255 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 42 (9,219 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★ Guide

I thought this was intentional at first because they tend to stop to have a reaction or something similar, but other times it's inconsistent and they hold it through reactions to things, stairs, etc, so now i'm thinking it could be a bug i've experienced too. 

Message 6 of 42 (9,175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just experienced this, my adult sim was leaving a lot and it was raining and instead of having the umbrella in his queue, he had his face in there which was labeled as 'open umbrella'. He was walking along open and closing his umbrella non-stop. I cancelled the Open Umbrella interaction from his queue and the normal umbrella one popped in there and he walked with it open as normal from then on out.

Message 7 of 42 (9,147 Views)

★★★ Guide

I didn't have the ability to cancel an action on my sims. The action they had queued is whatever I told them to do, not an umbrella action. But that is good to know!

Message 8 of 42 (9,126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it seems random. Happened again yesterday but this time the only thing in the queue was the 'go to' action. I actually had 2 sims going to the same place, 1 who knew how to use an umbrella and 1 who didn't Standard smile

Message 9 of 42 (9,089 Views)

★ Apprentice
This keeps happening to my vampire in the daytime all the time now after the recent patch, even though he's got 3 points in sun resistance and shouldn't fear the sun anymore.
Message 10 of 42 (9,042 Views)