Re: Sims change into cold weather clothes inside.

by PenguinFoop

Original Post

[FIXED] [S] Sims change into cold weather clothes inside

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a 2 story house. Very cold day in winter. Have sim sleep upstairs, let them be.
What happens when the bug occurs? When they automatically wake up and go downstairs, they will automatically switch to cold weather clothes inside before heading downstairs. Even with a thermostat set to warm.
What do you expect to see? Sims not change into cold weather clothes inside with a thermostat set to warm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Seasons

With multi-story houses, if a sim is sleeping upstairs and automatically queues up an action downstairs like eating food. The Sim will change into cold weather clothes before heading downstairs. This only happens on cold days where sims usually change into cold weather clothes outside.

Thermostat location makes no difference. Upstairs, downstairs, same room, different room, multiple thermostats... All rooms are verified sealed, walls and roofs.

Problem occurs with every save, every world, every city, every house custom and maxis made. Problem has been occurring since the initial release of Seasons. Have long since tried repairing, re-installing, I delete cache files regularly, tested this last year extensively with and without mods.

I had to stop making multi-story houses because of this bug. Decided to try it again recently and bug is still occurring. Decided to put in an official bug report.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (9,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps Do they get a cold moodlet if you change them out of warm clothing ?

Could be related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Chilled-Overheating-moodlets-in-certain-rooms-when...you already reported a while ago

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (9,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict  Not the last time it happened. I checked their buffs and verified they had the "Central Heating" buff.  I didn't notice, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a delay before the central heating buff appears and they switch to cold clothes before it does. The central heating buff isn't permanent. It does time out after a while.

It's hard to replicate. Doesn't happen every time. I think it happens more often if I'm not controlling that sim. Like if that sim is running completely autonomously.

Message 3 of 22 (9,670 Views)

★ Guide

Apparently this issue is caused if you remove a ceiling from any room, including outside balconies/patios/porches.  Workaround is to put a ceiling in.  Unfortunately, this is not a "fix" as some patios, such as one on my house look bad with a ceiling and roof since it has a rounded corner and there are no rounded ceilings or roofs.  

A suggested solution would be if the devs made it possible for builders to designate rooms as indoor or outdoor.  As it stands, all rooms (areas that are closed in) are considered "rooms" even if they are outside and have no ceiling therefore if a room has no ceiling, it affects the whole house, not just that room.  However, if the builder could designate the room as indoors, the thermostat would control the temperature of that room.  If the builder designates a room as outdoors, the weather would control the temperature.

Message 4 of 22 (9,433 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PenguinFoop That wasn't it. I built a house once and tagged it for the EA people. It had all walls, floors, ceilings, etc. I even re-build them all three times. It still did it.

I have since stopped creating 2+ story houses because of that bug.
Message 5 of 22 (9,400 Views)

★ Guide

Are you by any chance sharing them in the gallery?  I'd love to try to help though I'm no expert.  lol

Message 6 of 22 (9,383 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PenguinFoop I appreciate the offer but it's not a building or design problem. It's done it on every 2 story house I played, even EA designed vanilla houses. I don't use them any longer. If I want more levels, I build down into basements. It doesn't seem to have the same problem that way.
Message 7 of 22 (9,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@PenguinFoop  I agree 100% with the indoor/outdoor designation idea or at least something of that nature. That would be awesome :D

Btw- I have been trying many different fixes for that house other than adding a ceiling to that outdoor area. Nothing else has worked so far.

Message 8 of 22 (9,359 Views)

★ Guide

@RandomBuzziness wrote:

@PenguinFoop  I agree 100% with the indoor/outdoor designation idea or at least something of that nature. That would be awesome :D

Btw- I have been trying many different fixes for that house other than adding a ceiling to that outdoor area. Nothing else has worked so far.

Thanks. How do we get the idea to the devs though? And would they implement it?

As for the house in question, I did put a roof on that balcony and so far it seems to be working so thanks or that. I'll update the house in the gallery.

@Psychotpsthe house we're talking about is called "The Modern."  Could you download it and see if it gives you the same problems?  It's a 3 story house; two above ground and one basement.

That house gave me the same issues but since adding a ceiling to the open section of the upstairs patio, it seems to have fixed the issue, at least for @RandomBuzziness and me and I'd love to see if it works for you as well.

@RandomBuzzinessI changed it back to its original lot so the fence is now the perimeter fence like it's meant to be if you want the updated version with the roof and right lot size.  Standard smile 

Message 9 of 22 (9,323 Views)

★ Guide

@Psychotps  I was just wondering if you'd downloaded that house and if it worked for you or if you still had the same issue.

Message 10 of 22 (9,271 Views)