by Skyegal19

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Sims cannot make Snowpals

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to make a snowpal
What happens when the bug occurs? everytime sim goes to make snowpals
What do you expect to see? When SIm goes to make snowpal, they should make them instead the action just disapeers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sims Cannot make Snowpals, They can make snow angels but when they try to make snowpals the action disapeers 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title,  Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 13 (2,572 Views)

Re: Sims cannot make Snowpals

Hero
@Skyegal19 Does it matter where you make them ? Which world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,533 Views)

★ Apprentice

No happens in all worlds. Currently I am playing in willow creek but it has happened in the other worlds too

Message 3 of 13 (2,519 Views)

Hero
@Skyegal19 Did it work before the latest patch ? I haven't tested on the latest patch but it worked fine for me before that. There is a bug where it doesn't work in Mt. Komorebi but that's only if you don't own Season which obviously isn't the case for you.

have you tried a resetting your user folder yet and try on a new save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,515 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

No I will try that

Message 5 of 13 (2,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, how do you reset user folder? I am also having this issue.

I also had cottage living and my rocket was working fine, then I bought a bundle (spa day, get together and patio) and NOW my rocket doesn't work anymore. Can't interact at all. Thanks in advance. 

Message 6 of 13 (2,489 Views)

Hero

The rocket is a known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/m-p/10541363#M192075

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Version 1.89.214.1030 and I still can't make snowpals. Freshly installed and updated yesterday. Tried a new household, tried resetting the game folder per instructions and removing custom content, issue is still here. Also tried building with another sim, but both of them just walk to the spot and the icon disappears. My only addons are Seasons and Outdoor Retreat.

For what it's worth, snowball fights do work under the same weather conditions.

Message 8 of 13 (2,376 Views)

Re: [S] Sims cannot make Snowpals

★★★ Guide

I have seen this, and it takes about 5 times of me choosing the action before they finally do it. It's worse on "Build Snowpal with...", that takes even more tries before they do it. And usually the other Sim will leave before the Snowpal is done.

Message 9 of 13 (2,096 Views)

Re: [S] Sims cannot make Snowpals

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Skyegal19 I am having the same issue in my game, my sims will not make snow pals.
Message 10 of 13 (1,585 Views)