by eustacecs

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Sims able to mistletoe kiss before first kiss

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Digital Deluxe, Seasons (where the interaction comes from), Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, City Living, Get Together, Holiday Celebration, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Cool Kitchen TLDR: Digital DX, All expansions, all game packs except Jungle Adventure, and Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two Sims be close enough to do the "first kiss" interaction, then have them do the "attempt mistletoe kiss" interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims can kiss before doing their "first kiss".
What do you expect to see? They shouldn't be able to do the mistletoe kiss before their "first kiss".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

I created a completely new, unmodded save with two Sims considered as roommates. I progressed their relationship from scratch, without using cheats. The three pictures show what happens, the option to do either interaction, the second image is them doing the mistletoe kiss, and then they are still able to do a "first kiss"

Message 1 of 10 (3,639 Views)

Re: [S] Sims able to mistletoe kiss before first kiss

Hero

Hi @Kauvii

so this wasn't the case before seasons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,551 Views)

★ Apprentice

This only happens with the attempt mistletoe kiss interaction, so this was added in Seasons.

Message 3 of 10 (3,516 Views)

Hero
Ah, thought some other pack had introduced that.

Could be by design then. I'll tag as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,511 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [S] Sims able to mistletoe kiss before first kiss

★★★★ Guide

You can have first kiss again after you already kissed under mistletoe. This is contradictory and it doesn't make sense this is by design.

Message 5 of 10 (3,480 Views)

Hero
Just saying, at the end of the day, I don't know so I'm going to try find out before marking it as bug :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (3,461 Views)

Hero
Added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well. Not only that, but my sim autonomously attempted a mistletoe kiss (which, I think, should not be allowed before first kiss) with another sim that he had a romantic relationship with.

Message 8 of 10 (3,382 Views)

★★ Guide

I dont think of this as a bug and I actually like it that way. In TS3 Sims without romantic relationships could kiss under the mistletoe. Yes thecfirstvkiss option still comes up.

Message 9 of 10 (3,023 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I agree with @catloverplayer .

Kissing for romance and kissing for tradition's sake are different things.
Message 10 of 10 (2,969 Views)