Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sim keeps raking leaves

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all of them Game packs: Spa Day, Dine out! and Wild life Stuff Packs: Cool kitchen, Spooky, Luxury Party and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your sim rakes leaves on a windy day
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will prioritize raking leaves and if there's a dog in the household, petting action queues up (but the sims is too busy raking leaves ofc) The sim will starve, pee their pants and so on to keep raking the leaves.
What do you expect to see? I tell my sim to rake leaves, but that she will not try to starve because the leaves are more important.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The traditional reset does not do anything to stop my sim. Only a hard reset via commands (and not the action menu you get from shift+clicking your sim) will work.

Message 1 of 15 (7,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sim keeps raking leaves

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimGuruNick I was able to replicate this at the time when the bug reported but now it works fine for me.

EDIT: Marking this as fixed for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (5,749 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Sim keeps raking leaves

Hero
Don't think it needs to be a windy day. The issue here seems that every pile is their own interaction, so if you cancel one, they just move on to the next.

Seen this in my game too.

The pet queuing has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614#M60331

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (6,960 Views)

★ Novice

Ah yes, I saw that thread sometime after I posted, so I now know that's an unrelated bug. 

Still kinda sucks that my Sim starved herself and her animals to keep the lawn clean¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 3 of 15 (6,957 Views)

★★ Novice
it's rendered my game unplayable.I'm going to move them out of the lot
Message 4 of 15 (6,884 Views)

★ Novice

Doing a hard reset on my Sim worked for me. So you'll just have to enable cheats, open the cheat window (ctrl+shift+c) and type in "resetsim <first name> <last name>" e.g "resetsim Olivia Olsen"

And your aim should stop doing it.

And then avoid raking leaves until it's fixed

Message 5 of 15 (6,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Have this problem too....had to exit to main menu and back into game to get them to stop....need to change this to only rake what you tell them to.

Message 6 of 15 (6,703 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have this too on console. It's such a pain!

Message 7 of 15 (6,471 Views)

Hero
Could you please create a separate thread for console. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (6,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Also having this problem. First time I asked a sim to rake leaves, so that is likely why I did not notice it sooner.

No mods.

Message 9 of 15 (6,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Turn on testing cheats, right-click the sim and they will stop doing everything they are doing.
Message 10 of 15 (5,944 Views)