by simsplayer818

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Scenting Flower Arrangements Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, City Living, Snowy Escape, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with high enough Flower Arranging Skill make an arrangement then have them scent it afterwards.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my Sim scent it but when I click it no special interaction is shown that I can click to give her the effect. When I gift another Sim the arrangement, they don't get the effect either. I also noticed that why it happens is because when I have my Sim scent it and click "Scent With" as if I'm going to scent it again, the flower I chose wasn't actually used despite the scenting animation being played when I tried to scent it.
What do you expect to see? One of the flowers I used to be gone from my Sim's inventory after she scents it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Seasons on Easter, if that counts.

Below is a screenshot of the options I get when I click on the flower arrangement. As you can see, there is no option to click. 

I know there should be an option to click since this is a Rose scented arrangement, and Carl's guide says that if you want your Sims to be effected there is a "Fill with Passion" option. I also gifted it to the Sim I made it for (the Sim was in my household) and there was no Flirty moodlet in the list of moodlets the receiving Sim had after I gave it to him. 

Also I tried to scent it a few more times to see if an interaction having to do with the scent would appear, but it turns out the flower wasn't even used when I clicked to scent it again (the rose count stayed at 20 instead of going down to 19 as it should when used).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (3,871 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [S] Scenting Flower Arrangements Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
Champion

This sounds like an issue I'm having on console too now since installing Cottage Living.

I can scent the flower arrangements but it has no effect.

I've got my Sims skill level up to produce pristine, masterpiece arrangements, scented with Bluebell only for nothing to happen. I can keep selecting Scent with Bluebell over and over as well as if I'd never done it the first time.

I'm dreading checking my flower shop incase none of them are timeless anymore. It took me about a week to set that store up filled with dozens of timeless arrangements.

For this Sim I just wasted my time maxing her skill for a few vases round the house, they are all wilting.

Edit:I also added My First Pet at the same time so it's possible it started after that or the base game updates in July. My existing floral arrangements in my flower shop are fine thank goodness but I can't scent new ones. Looks like I have a mountain of bug reports to write up.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 19 (3,751 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem as well and I don't own CL

Message 3 of 19 (3,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening in my game.  I have the ability to add a scent to the flower on the arranging table, but doing so has no effect on the arrangement.  I wanted to add that my game is on PC, not console.

Message 4 of 19 (3,660 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, have had this problem for some weeks now and tried to get help on Reddit since not a lot of people were reporting it at the time. No suck luck still it seems :/

Message 5 of 19 (3,618 Views)

★ Guide

Also having this problem. Hope it's fixed in the next patch.

Message 6 of 19 (3,506 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me also. In fact, the only time that you can scent a flower arrangement is if you are in that career and it is your daily task.

Message 7 of 19 (3,488 Views)

★ Guide
@Glamdring73 Hmmm...that's interesting 🤔
Message 8 of 19 (3,483 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also noticed that only some flowers work. Like snapdragons, which is not helpful unless you want to be.mean to another sim lol

But also, you can't sell most of the flowers either. At least not from the inventory 

Rose, Death Flower, Orchid are the only flowers that work for me right now

Message 9 of 19 (3,470 Views)

★ Novice
This is still broken (on PC). No flower scenting works with any flowers (except the ones mentioned above)
Message 10 of 19 (3,285 Views)