Original Post

Re: Can’t begin a climbing excursion

Hero
@Anonymous Thanks for the new thread.

I've merged the other one :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 47 (3,637 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [SE] Mountain Excursion Planned Event Will Not Start

★★★ Novice

This is happening for me and a friend. Is there anyway to fix it?

Message 12 of 47 (3,624 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [SE] Mountain Excursion Planned Event Will Not Start

★★★ Novice

@Readerrosebud wrote:

This is happening for me and a friend. Is there anyway to fix it?

I figured it out in my game at least. You can't schedule it on the calendar you have to go to the bathhouse, go to phone and click plan social event. That's the only way it worked for me.

Message 13 of 47 (3,622 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] [SE] Mountain Excursion Planned Event Will Not Start

★★★★ Guide
I experience the same issue. I can only start an event when I'm already at the Onsen Bathhouse, but it's impossible to schedule an event - it gets cancelled right when it's supposed to begin.
Message 14 of 47 (3,372 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a Mountain Excursion event on the calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? Just before the event is due to start, it gets cancelled.
What do you expect to see? When it is time, the event starts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The issue appeared when I installed Snowy Escape EP.

I absolutely love Snowy Escape and I want to enjoy it to the fullest, but that bug that prevents players from planning a mountain excursion in advance is very annoying. 
It is definitely not mod related, it happens every time, and there's not a single mod (yet) that fixes it.

no excursion.png

Message 15 of 47 (3,302 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just found this thread. I am having the same issue. Whenever i go to schedule a social event, the location shows up as “Generic” and the image is of a grey llama. Whenever I have gone through it like this, it messes up my entire household. I can’t figure out what to do.  

Were you able to figure out how to fix this? 

Message 16 of 47 (3,188 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The event gets cancelled right before the start. I can only start the excursion in the location, not by scheduling it in advance. 

Message 17 of 47 (3,163 Views)

★★ Guide

Atleast there is a work around till this get fixed by starting at location but even then it may mess up your households. This needs to be fixed in an Emergency Patch. That's one of my favorite features in Snowy Escape climbing the mountain.

Message 18 of 47 (3,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I am having the same issue with scheduling it via phone. The Generic Grey Llama appears instead of a location, and then directs to the neighborhood select screen. Trying to get back to active household just causes an endless loading screen. I tried starting the event from the Onsen lot, but no luck there either.

Message 19 of 47 (3,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well

I tried scheduling the event for one of my random households, and it worked, but for any other households I create, the same thing happens. I can't figure out what is going on. 

Message 20 of 47 (3,016 Views)