Re: Can’t begin a climbing excursion

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

★★★ Novice

i also only get the generic grey llama thing and then it goes in a loop where i hav e to select a world etc. ):

Message 21 of 47 (2,365 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I am also seeing this in my game. I had my sims try to initiate the mountain excursion from home and then I tried again by initiating it from the Onsen.  Both times I got this, both times the sim used the phone to initiate the Mountain Excursion.  

No description available.

I even tried placing a generic lot in the Yukimatsu district to see if that would work.  I was able to select it, however then it went into a very long loading loop so I used task manager to close the game.  I removed my only mod (MCCC) and deleted my localthumbcache file before testing this. 

FYI, it did work for me to do a mountain excursion from the Onsen prior to the May 27 update as I just had my sims do one (I had them travel to the Onsen first, so not sure how it would have worked if I'd tried it from another lot), so for me this is new since that update.

Best regards,

Jennifer

PC: 1.75.125.1030 (all packs installed except for Bust the Dust and Dream Home Decorator )

Message 22 of 47 (2,354 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] [SE] Mountain Excursion Planned Event Will Not Start

★★★ Apprentice

Another thread was created about the issue and for anyone that's wondering what was discussed there: basically, the Onsen Lot appears to be corrupted in any new saves since the latest update. It is now impossible to do the mountain excursion via calendar and phone. Attempts to do so will cause the game to redirect to the select a world menu and then cause an endless loading screen after selecting a sim to play with. Until it is fixed, I don't see any other way we can do the mountain excursion. Trying to travel to the onsen by directly clicking on the building or attempts to host any other event at the onsen causes the same issue. However, there seems to be no issues doing the mountain excursion via phone in existing saves from before the update.

Link to other thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-Mountain-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic/td-... 

Message 23 of 47 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm unable to do the mountain excursion as well. It gives me a gray llama that says generic and when I hit next it takes me to the world's but won't allow me to do anything else. No matter what I click it just goes back to worlds or the game freezes up completely. 

Message 24 of 47 (2,088 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is there any word if a fix is being worked on by EA or are be in the lurch atm?

Message 25 of 47 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is exactly what mine is doing. I get the grey generic llamacorn and my game goes into a loop in world select until I close with task manager. I spent two hours doing trouble shooting with EA support and no one was able to fix the issue. They said they would report it to the game team...but I don't believe them. This is annoying me so much because you can't complete the aspiration without doing the mountain excursion or cheating which I don't do for aspirations. 

Message 26 of 47 (1,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly the same issue I'm having. Doesn't matter where I try to start from. Tried the bathhouse, the rental lot, even my own home and it always brings up the grey generic llamacorn. If I click that my game goes into world select and I can't get back into my household without closing the game in task manager.

Message 27 of 47 (1,942 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm Having the same problem I'm trying to get them to complete the aspiration but every time I start the excursion, I'm booted out to the world select.

A Few weeks ago I could go to another sims house eg bob pancakes and get them to call my sims over to get them back into the game but that work

around has failed me this morning too.

I've downloaded get famous recently and assumed that the problem was with that and I also bought the dream decorator and I've disabled them both

from the game.  I've uninstalled the sims 4 and reinstalled the sims 4 repaired the game with origin (That also got stuck in a loop so I had to uninstall

Origin and reinstall it too).  My Computer has taken to crashing from overheating, the only way I've found to close the game is with task manager too.

I'm glad others are having the same issues and I'm not just imagining it.

Message 28 of 47 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

kihrala - Bless you for posting the other link!

Message 29 of 47 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me, too. No mods, reset directory, new save, repaired game. Game gets stuck and needs to force quit it.

Message 30 of 47 (1,494 Views)